If You Were A Bangkok Taxi Driver...

juicyas

If anyone has ever seen a tuktuk in a road trafffic accident I swear you would NEVER ride one again - unless you believe yourself to be invincible and/or immortal.

That's funny. :o:D:D

You can try to put on a helmet and tie yourself down with a rope next time you get in a tuk-tuk. I love the noise.

:D

if you were a taxi driver would you take every fare, seems to me taht money is money, the more work you accept the more money you make surely? wouldnt it be better if they took every fare.

if i were a taxi driver id get in with the guesthouse owners around the place and try and work as a driver they can call up for their guests for airport runs to the airport and to tourist desitinations outside bangkok.

id also set up day and half day tours which i woul advertise at local guesthouses which would take people on a tour outside of bangkok for instance a day trip up to the bridge over the river kwai, tiger temple and a couple of other places all in one trip. days booked like this would be easy days where i know im getting paid and probably getting more than i would cruising around.

I have had my share of bad taxi drivers, but most of these guys are hard working men (and a few women) and they deserve a little more respect than TV can muster.

Try getting a taxi from Sukhumvit area and to Chatujak area around rush hours.

19 out of 20 will say NO, or sometimes just shake their head and drive on.

Dont believe me? Try it. I dare you.

Doesnt help if you tell the driver to use the toll way.

Just dont want to.

Or,

try getting a metered taxi when you return or come back to BKK, via a Domestic flight.

Try it.