Krabi Seaview Resort....

StrongView

Hi all:

Went to "Krabi Seaview Resort" on Ao Nang beach over this past weekend. My wife and I were using it as a getaway, since we hadn't taken time out for ourselves in a while. Fully researched all of the choices on the web. When it came down to it, we chose by best website presentation, best price, proximity to beach and flights we could afford.

On the "resort" website, they have a very well presented 19 minute video about the place and the activities you can partake in. Since I had not been to Ao Nang before, I didn't really know what the beach was like...but we both figured "######, it's a beach....how bad could it really be." We had been to Raylay beach before and loved it ....but Ao Nang is *a bit* different.

Anyway...the video goes on and on about two major points. "Swiss management" and "150 meters from the beach". The Swiss management may be present, but the only foreigners I came into meeting was a nasty German or Dutch f***er who made faces like I was speaking an alient dialect when requesting help. The "resort" advertises it's "free internet" however it's really just a computer on the desk at the Dive Shop (attached to and managed by the Krabi Seaview Resort). It's used more often for the staff there, and is apparently a HUGE hassle to give it up for a minute so that a paying customer can use the ADVERTISED free internet. The office was closed for a while in the afternoon and then closed again at 6pm or so...it was not very accessible, nor convenient.

As for the facilities...the bungalows are ok...however it is false advertising when saying they are "seaview"...as you can only barely see the sea from the top of the hill that the "resort" is on. My "seaview bungalow" had more of a view of the 7/11 sign down the street than of the sea. "150 meters to the beach" should rather be presented as "150 - 200 meters down the street, passing hockers and mini-marts until you arrive at the beach...where dreams of speedo's and sugarplums can dance in your head". No offense...but I'm not really into European bathing suits. I don't need to know that much about the surfaces of your crotch and sack whilst strolling down the promenade.

Anyway...overall...it wasn't much of a weekend. The staff was mediocre. The restaurant was non-existent (the video talks about how wonderful the restaurant is...it was closed for renovations during our stay.). The ambience of the "resort" resembles that of a gravel bordered hillside. The advertising is misleading. You'd be better off staying somewhere else.

...As for the facilities...the bungalows are ok...however it is false advertising when saying they are "seaview"...as you can only barely see the sea from the top of the hill that the " " is on.

Good info, Thanx,

Actually this would be a good topic to start, ... What's the best and worst place you've stayed at ?, etc.

The Chaweng Villa Resort on Samui which has excellent office and room staff, but their bar people ruin it, the worst ever, Act like they're doing you a favor by waiting on you, never seen one smile once even when leaving huge tips.

As opposed to old Munchies Resortel on the other end, Bungalows that are actually on the beach, so when they say beach view it's accurate. Friendly staff, great bar, excellent food and good nightly entertainment of with local musicians, etc. :o

Cobra:

Thanks for the response. Good idea. Let's make this a Good and Bad response to places you've stayed at.... Is it family oriented? Or more for the bachelor / bachelorette? All feedback appreciated. Since most of us live here, may as well refer eachother to good places to vacation for the weekend.

I'll give my quick feedback about Rayavadee Resort on Raylay Beach in Krabi. EXPENSIVE AS ALL H*LL. We got a low season "deal" of 3 nights, 4 days for 60,000 baht!! Nuts! It was a honeymoon though...and since we lived here...it made some sense. Nice beaches and great staff...however, I'm not one of those people who really take advantage of staff waiting on you at every second of the day. I like an attentive person, however...I'm not needing them to brush my teeth in the morning (this is a figure of speech, for those wondering). It's a nice place to stay for ONE NIGHT if you want to check out the facilities and have 20,000 baht to blow during low season...however...the beaches, as most of us know...are not private...so you can easily take a long tail boat the Raylay beach and enjoy the same beaches I did..no matter where you stay. Side note - long tail boats ruined my time at the beach.... hauling backpackers to the beach from other parts of Krabi made it seem less like a getaway and more like the flight deck of a aircraft carrier with the loud longtail boat motors.