Co-locating Webserver

Crushdepth

Got a new webserver problem, this time for work. We are currently hosting our organizations website in our office, using a 1MB connection donated by a government agency (they also give us an IP).

The problem is that our provider - as kind as they are - are horribly unreliable. Their network regularly goes down for days at a time and since we don't actually pay anything they are (understandably) not in a hurry to fix it. Half our staff are outposted to different countries and when its down we have no website and no email - for example the last three days - so I am rather *unpopular* while its broken.

I want to get away from our current provider (sick of begging them to fix it all the time) and co-locate our webserver at a commercial ISP. The main thing is it has *got* to be reliable - I'm only going to get one shot at this or I will likely be looking for a new job soon ! The other thing is that it has got to be *cheap*. We are a small dev org and will have to go out and raise the funding to pay for it somehow (you may see me showing a bit of leg on Phahonyohtin tonight).

Cheap + reliable colocation (and if possible, responsive staff ie. no disinterested 'nongs'). Any suggestions ?

Or should I just ditch the server altogether and rent disk space ? Bit reluctant to go that way as we rented space once before and had a very bad experience. The site is a couple of GB in size.

Many thanks for suggestions.