My Thaivisa Travel Agency Experience

Thailand Tiger

The time for heading out of the country before promptly returning is upon me. This time I thought it might be nice to take the gf to Bali. Thaivisa Travel seemed to be a good place to start...figured they might be a little more capable than some of the travel agents I've used in Thailand in the past.

I started by sending an email outlining my requirements, including "Must fly out prior to the 18th Oct.". I got a response back the next day: "Thai Airways 15,275".

I though it might be nice to find out what dates I'd actually be flying, so asked for an itinerary. The dates they came back with were past my entry expiry...they obviously hadn't read my requirements too carefully.

After a few more emails back and forth we came up with suitable dates out and back, though when I agreed to proceed, they decided to up the price. Being that I wanted to get this finalised, I agreed to the price increase and made payment.

I emailed to give payment details and asked for the e-tickets and itinerary to be emailed to me. The result was far from satisfactory...they couldn't even provide the tickets they'd offered..! I'd been put on a waiting list...and for different dates to what we'd agreed...!

They've been unable to do anything to rectify the situation, and I had to argue just to get my money back.

A phone call to Music Travel with the same requirements resulted in a phone call within the hour with seats booked for dates within the range required and at a price a little lower than Thaivisa. An invoice was emailed to me which I paid at the bank this morning. I emailed my payment details and had the itinerary and e-tickets promptly.

Seems to me that it's not a difficult task...why is it that so many travel agencies can't manage this? They seem to cause themselves and their customers more work than is necessary.

The time for heading out of the country before promptly returning is upon me. This time I thought it might be nice to take the gf to Bali. Thaivisa Travel seemed to be a good place to start...figured they might be a little more capable than some of the travel agents I've used in Thailand in the past.

I started by sending an email outlining my requirements, including "Must fly out prior to the 18th Oct.". I got a response back the next day: "Thai Airways 15,275".

I though it might be nice to find out what dates I'd actually be flying, so asked for an itinerary. The dates they came back with were past my entry expiry...they obviously hadn't read my requirements too carefully.

After a few more emails back and forth we came up with suitable dates out and back, though when I agreed to proceed, they decided to up the price. Being that I wanted to get this finalised, I agreed to the price increase and made payment.

I emailed to give payment details and asked for the e-tickets and itinerary to be emailed to me. The result was far from satisfactory...they couldn't even provide the tickets they'd offered..! I'd been put on a waiting list...and for different dates to what we'd agreed...!

They've been unable to do anything to rectify the situation, and I had to argue just to get my money back.

A phone call to Music Travel with the same requirements resulted in a phone call within the hour with seats booked for dates within the range required and at a price a little lower than Thaivisa. An invoice was emailed to me which I paid at the bank this morning. I emailed my payment details and had the itinerary and e-tickets promptly.

Seems to me that it's not a difficult task...why is it that so many travel agencies can't manage this? They seem to cause themselves and their customers more work than is necessary.

Prices can change according to the booking classes available on the date of travel, so that isn't unusual - but being charged for getting on a wait list is silly.

As I said somewhere in another thread, a lot of agents constantly refer to the manual, they barely know how to make a reservation. Sad that this happened to you.

I was mega interested when Thiavisa started their travel agency,unfortunatly I am still waiting for a quote.I guess BKK-HK-VN was too difficult,doesn`t matter this post will be deleted anyway........I was disapointed as I think TV is great.

Edited by ercorn

It's a shame that the the operators of ThaiVisa are willing to risk the future and credibility of the website with poorly executed business ventures. I think the website is a great resource, and I would have thought that with all of the members out there, the skills, experience, and contacts must exist to create a great travel agency.

Do keep in mind that TTA is very new - they will need at least a little time to get things running smoothly, things don't just happen overnight. For whatever reason the deal with the previous provider just didn't work out. But that's no reason to suddenly say that TV are risking the future and credibility of the website - TV has traveled a long road in getting to where it's at now and I am certain that they've had many bumps along the way as well - this is just another one.

ercorn, BKK-HK-VN is quite a tough ask... LOL... it's not an ordinary round trip ticket. A Thai agent will only be able to save you money from BKK-HK - from HK-VN you will probably end up paying full fare. And of course both are one-way tickets, driving the cost up even further.

I was fortunate in that I had enough money on hand to pay for tickets with another agency. For someone who only had the money available to buy the tickets once, they'd have been screwed.

I was looking for a reliable travel agency that can supply me with reasonably priced tickets through the internet which would have been really suitable for my work.

I have to make time to shop around for decent priced tickets which costs me money as I am running my own business and time is something which my company requires of me.

I was fortunate in that I had enough money on hand to pay for tickets with another agency. For someone who only had the money available to buy the tickets once, they'd have been screwed.

Point taken - that would be me when my salary from my other job arrives late... :o

"I was mega interested when Thiavisa started their travel agency,unfortunatly I am still waiting for a quote.I guess BKK-HK-VN was too difficult,..."

"ercorn, BKK-HK-VN is quite a tough ask... LOL... it's not an ordinary round trip ticket. A Thai agent will only be able to save you money from BKK-HK - from HK-VN you will probably end up paying full fare. And of course both are one-way tickets, driving the cost up even further."

Apparently they didn't even offer that option.

Any positive stories out there?

I, for one, do have something positive to report about ThaiVisa Travel.

I asked for a quote on a BKK-Brisbane (Australia)-BKK fare and received an email less than an hour later. The quote was very detailed and included a lot of suggestions - which could only have been made by somebody with extensive travel experience.

Sure, they are new, but let's have a balance of positive and negative comments.

Peter

I, for one, do have something positive to report about ThaiVisa Travel.

I asked for a quote on a BKK-Brisbane (Australia)-BKK fare and received an email less than an hour later. The quote was very detailed and included a lot of suggestions - which could only have been made by somebody with extensive travel experience.

Sure, they are new, but let's have a balance of positive and negative comments.

Peter

Was this earlier on...when they had the previous operator? Sounds a lot like the result I got when I approached their previous operator directly.

When i tied to buy advertizing on Thaivisa.com i enquired 4 times without reply.

i would be willing to bet that if you tried the advertising email now that you would get a much faster response, Acquiesce. the guys working in sales and marketing now are switched on and VERY responsive.

sales[at]thaivisa.com

This is obviously getting very political, however Musictravel, as I have mentioned before have been excellent to me and no way will I change.

During the short period, very short period Music Travel operated under the Thai Visa banner I am sure they would have built up a rather tasty data base of e-mail addresses/ contacts etc and I hope that they use that info to their benefit.

At first glance, the only ones who appear to have anything positive to say about the new travel agent are the moderators. Makes me wonder if the magic $$$$ is behind all this

Thanks for your valuable feedback on our Travel service.

Yesterday I met with the Travel people in person and I got some valuable feedback. The problem they experienced is that the service has grown big very fast, and at times email reponse time has been too long. Also, but the nature of any internet service, emails sometimes go missing, for example ending up in peoples spamboxes, spam filters.

A new high-end computerized booking system is being installed as we speak, so from now it would result in much faster turnarounds, better deals and improved communication. We will shortly improve the Travel site with new exiting services. I'll keep you posted.

The Travel section has over hundred quote requests per day, and I am looking forward to work with the Travel team to improve the service. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss members individual bookings on this open forum due to privacy issues.

I will be happy to investigate individual complaints or suggestions from our members. Please email me direct a support[at]thaivisa.com

Thanks! :o

I dont need to PM you George, I will send my message openly. Why dont you listen to your forum members and reinstate Music Travel and stop giving mens work to little boys !!! Remember its the forum members who make TV and not you or the moderators irrespective of who set up or owns TV

I dont need to PM you George, I will send my message openly. Why dont you listen to your forum members and reinstate Music Travel and stop giving mens work to little boys !!! Remember its the forum members who make TV and not you or the moderators irrespective of who set up or owns TV

Hard to argue with that..!

Though if I continue to get good service from Music Travel, I think I'd rather have them as a hidden gem rather than risk spoiling their current level of service with too much business.

This page seems to suggest that ThaiVisa is now sourcing its travel offerings from a company called PAPPA Co., Ltd.

http://travel.thaivisa.com/promotions.html

While a cursory search turns up some background in promotions and marketing as well as real estate (in addition to copious material about their Managing Director, an American called Drew Walter Noyes) there seems to be little or no independent material relating to their activities as travel agents.

Considering how competitive the travel industry is, it's very curious that they themselves have not undertaken to establish any sort of internet presence to market their services in the travel field. It's also interesting to note that a search of both English and Thai-language sources doesn't readily yield an indication that they possess a valid travel agent's license in Thailand.

Certainly the possibility exists that PAPPA Co., Ltd. is offering their travel services in the name of a subsidiary and that this organization holds the correct credentials. In the name of transparency and good will toward the forum membership it might be in the best interest of ThaiVisa to bring those full facts to light at the earliest opportunity.

I can't really understand why you don't read George's post more thoroughly.

He has explained the issue, tried to sort out the problem but apparently that is just not good enough for you, you also need to dictate policy here.

I suggest that if there any further issues with the agency that you contact george directly as requested.

George is now aware of the issues and will take the matter into hand. Thanks for your concern but again, please contact him directly about any problems so that he knows about it immediately, not after a moderator has to show him.

PAPPA Co., Ltd, our travel partner since Oct 1, 2007, holds both a TAT license (number 12/1065) and a travel agent's license with the required security bond. The company hold status of BOI (Board of Investment) registered company.