Thai Logic

marquess

Would you invite Dr Spock to a dinner party?

(If it was a large one, and/or you were cruel, then you might!)

Anyhow, logic doesn't attract us to Thailand, It's life Jim, that does!

Besides, what Thai's lack in logic (wether they do or don't!?!?!?!, I don't know or care either way) they make up for with culture.

B

P.S Any Aussies out there?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After many,many years i have learnt not to try and figure out how Thais think as it will only fry your brain.  :o

I disagree... you must try to think like a Thai to be successful here, either in business or at home.

Sometimes it can be entertaining, sometimes it can be frustrating, but generally I have found it to be rewarding. :D

OK... I can change my avatar back now. :D

• 3 months later...

I would say there are at least 2 diferrent types of computers involving here.

In the west, they pretty much use computer built based on boolean logic. true or false, 0 or 1.

In the east, it's kind of new generation computer (not based on boolean logic and Von Nueman concept). Fuzzy logic, if you want to call it.

When two computers cannot interface to each other, it does not mean that the other one has no logic. Just the 2 computers built from different technologies.

If your processor cannot talk to the other processor built on different technlogies, it's called "Closed system" and it is likely to obsolete these day (see http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org

A Computer that can survive in the globalized world is the "Open System" (http://www.sei.cmu.edu/opensystems/faq.html

And it can talk to either boolean or fuzzy logic computers around it.

In my four years of residency here in the los, I have been baffled by the Thai way of thinking. Can anyone define for me what Thai logic is? In the West 2+2=4 and so on. What is the reasoning here?