Nv Lasik Surgery

20yearsinthai

has anyone tried or know the cost this NV Lasik treatment for people who have had to take on reading glasses during their late 30's and 40's

They claim it takes 3 minutes to perform--and you can throw away your reading glasses

I had Lasik about 5 years ago at Bangkok General Hospital. It cost me 65,000 baht although i am sure the cost has come down now.

It doesn't really take 3 minutes. The actual laser part is very quick but the eye tests i had the day before took over an hour and the post op checks were another 15 minutes or so.

The whole thing was totally painless but possibly the scariest thing i have ever endured.

5 years on and my eyesight is better than ever.

Good luck if you chose to go ahead with it.

has anyone tried or know the cost this NV Lasik treatment for people who have had to take on reading glasses during their late 30's and 40's

They claim it takes 3 minutes to perform--and you can throw away your reading glasses

I had Lasik about 5 years ago at Bangkok General Hospital. It cost me 65,000 baht although i am sure the cost has come down now.

It doesn't really take 3 minutes. The actual laser part is very quick but the eye tests i had the day before took over an hour and the post op checks were another 15 minutes or so.

The whole thing was totally painless but possibly the scariest thing i have ever endured.

5 years on and my eyesight is better than ever.

Good luck if you chose to go ahead with it.

Was that for NV lasik "Near Vision" Lasik? One place says they can fix that by only doing one eye,

"NV LASIK is a new form of LASIK treatment for people with presbyopia (age-related near vision problems). Unlike typical LASIK surgery, only one eye is treated. This eye is given a small amount of near-sightedness for reading and near work. This allows the recipient to live a normal life without needing to carry a pair of glasses everywhere they go for even simple tasks such as looking at a menu"

Maybe costs half

I had lasik because i used glasses for reading and computer work. I also had myopia. Don't know if it is anything like NV.

For sure they can do only one eye and yes it should be half the price. I was given that option but i did not want to go through the scary bit twice!

I had lasik because i used glasses for reading and computer work. I also had myopia. Don't know if it is anything like NV.

For sure they can do only one eye and yes it should be half the price. I was given that option but i did not want to go through the scary bit twice!

NV is for people like u who needed reading glasses--

SO after the treatment you never need glasses again?? and you did one or both eyes?

BTW what was so scary??

I did both eyes and no i have not needed glasses ever since.

The scary part is that you are fully conscious throughout. So i sew the scalpel cutting the layer above the lense and the loss of vision when that layer was peeled back. But less than 1 minute later when the layer was replaced my vision was awesome.

It felt much scarier than it sounds, or maybe i'm just a pussy!

• 2 years later...

Anyone with recent experiences regarding NV Lasik? I've only just become aware of it. It sounds like I may be a suitable candidate as I'm in my early 40's and starting to have trouble reading small print up close, newspapers in low light, mobile phone screen etc. The only place that seems to advertise it is TRSC. They quoted me 48,000 baht. So it more than half the price of the usual two eyes at 50,000-79,000.

Anyone with recent experiences regarding NV Lasik? I've only just become aware of it. It sounds like I may be a suitable candidate as I'm in my early 40's and starting to have trouble reading small print up close, newspapers in low light, mobile phone screen etc. The only place that seems to advertise it is TRSC. They quoted me 48,000 baht. So it more than half the price of the usual two eyes at 50,000-79,000.

Why don't you try monovision w/ contact lenses first? I did and found I don't like monovision. Also, lasik is less safe than you might believe. See lasikdisaster.com.

I swear by TRSC, they are tops when it comes to refractive surgery and in my experience go out of their way to give you an accurate understanding of what the results of the surgery are likely to be. They are also probably the most costly place, but well worth it IMO.

That said, the suggestion to try monovision with contacts first is a good one as some people (a minority) do not adjust well to it, and it would be a shame to go thru surgery only to find out afterwarsd you were among them.

Personally, I have monovision and it works fine. I was severely myopic (near sided, to the point of being legally bling without glasses). They corrected one eye to 20/20 and left another eye a bit near-sighted so that I would have both near and far vision. 12 years later, vision remains fine and altho in my late 50's I don't need reading glasses.

What they would do in yopur case would be to give you essentially what I have but by making one eye nearsighted.

Do try with contacts first (contact, actuially, as you would wear it in just one eye). Give it say a week and see how it feels.