Designated Entertainment Zone

astromash

Has anyone heard anything recently about the Designated Entertainment Zone (EZ) plan by City Hall to confine adult entertainment to central Pattaya?

A speaker at one of the expats meetings was explaining about this a few weeks ago and gave out small maps showing the zone.

The zone is the area inside Beach Road, Walking Street, Third Road and Pattaya North Road.

As he explained it no new entertainment licence would be issued for an establishment outside the area.

By 'new entertainment licence' he seemed to mean when there is a change of owner.

The only exception to this is when the ownership changes but stays within the same Thai family.

Has anyone heard anything recently about the Designated Entertainment Zone (EZ) plan by City Hall to confine adult entertainment to central Pattaya?

A speaker at one of the expats meetings was explaining about this a few weeks ago and gave out small maps showing the zone.

The zone is the area inside Beach Road, Walking Street, Third Road and Pattaya North Road.

As he explained it no new entertainment licence would be issued for an establishment outside the area.

By 'new entertainment licence' he seemed to mean when there is a change of owner.

The only exception to this is when the ownership changes but stays within the same Thai family.

So Pattaya North Road is the north boundary. Where is the south boundary?

Anyway doesn't seem to be any change from what is though it would be nice if it means so called adult entertainment won't be allowed in Jomthien,

Send it all to a new city in the boonies!

For Brit: :o

Send the katoeys to Jomtien!!!

For Tammi :o

Can walk down 6/1 without being hit on then!!!!! Great idea :D

begs

Farang safety and virtue must stay intact when one is making their way to the library. :D

But if all the "entertainment" was moved to a new town in the boonies, who would bother going to the library anymore ? :D

Send the katoeys to Jomtien!!!

For Tammi :o

Can walk down 6/1 without being hit on then!!!!! Great idea :D

begs

Farang safety and virtue must stay intact when one is making their way to the library. :D

But if all the "entertainment" was moved to a new town in the boonies, who would bother going to the library anymore ? :D

Those of us who want to settle down with a good book :D

Anyway doesn't seem to be any change from what is though it would be nice if it means so called adult entertainment won't be allowed in Jomthien,

I understood from the expats talk that girlie bars need an entertainment licence - and there are quite of lot of girlie bars outside the zone at the moment. Naklua, east side of Third Road, east of Sukhumvit etc etc. My understanding is that all these areas would potentially be affected if the zone is enforced. Jomtien wasn't mentioned, but isn't part of the zone on the map.

Not new news or even news. Just pontificating.

Do I assume your remark is directed at me?

The map is new.

If there are other threads discussing the entertainment zone I'd be grateful if you could provide a link to them. I've done a search and can't find any.

Isn't one of the purposes of boards to allow people to pontificate?

Better served if you could post the actual map please. All this street naming is silly.

Would if I could but I don't have a scanner :o

I have got this map however.....

post-50773-1192397270_thumb.jpg

The zone area is pretty much the entire area shown on this map. (Sorry the image is ridiculously small. I can't work out how to resize it so the board software will display it reasonably.)

Start at the Dolphin roundabout and go south the entire length of Beach Road. Continue on down Walking Street past the pier. Follow the bend round to the flyover. Continue along there until it becomes Third Road. Continue right along Third Road until you get to Pattaya North Road. Turn left down North Road until you get back to the Dolphin roundabout.

The zone is the entire area bordered by those streets.

Edited by astromash

What exactly is "Adult Entertainment"?