External Paint - Many Brands - Which Is The Best?

batami

Our house is two years old but already showing minor paint deterioration.

Because of some other external work, i need to do some painting - this has led me to the "Forth Bridge" school pf painting the exterior (for the non brits - that's a progressive painting idea - just keep painting a few walls at a time and soon you finish; repeat process at leisure).

I seem to be faced with a wide range of international and Thai brands.... at widely variead pricing and I have no idea what is good and what is not..

Has anyone ( because of their own business / profession, or because you have researched this before) got any good recommendations re Brands....

also any comment re oil vs water based paints (can you still buy oil based, is it suitable for exteriors).

I live on the outskirts of Chiang Mai, so climate is from cool to hot, and it rains like everywhere else!

Thanks in advance for any comments and pointers,

B

Our house is two years old but already showing minor paint deterioration.

Because of some other external work, i need to do some painting - this has led me to the "Forth Bridge" school pf painting the exterior (for the non brits - that's a progressive painting idea - just keep painting a few walls at a time and soon you finish; repeat process at leisure).

I seem to be faced with a wide range of international and Thai brands.... at widely variead pricing and I have no idea what is good and what is not..

Has anyone ( because of their own business / profession, or because you have researched this before) got any good recommendations re Brands....

also any comment re oil vs water based paints (can you still buy oil based, is it suitable for exteriors).

I live on the outskirts of Chiang Mai, so climate is from cool to hot, and it rains like everywhere else!

Thanks in advance for any comments and pointers,

B

before anyone flames me -- I didn't check before I posted!! - sorry !! i see that there was similar post a while back with some info...

BUT if anyone has more advice and / or comments to add then i would really appreciate it .... so keep the info coming.

If you are using the correct painting procedure such as removing old paint & dust, sealing, priming, undercoating & topcoating - painting systems within the job specification by any of the major maufacturers will work fine & last a long time.

Brands sold locally such as TOA, Jotun, Nippon Paint, Dulux etc all have good quality painting systems available.

Now if anybody knows of a local manufacturer producing a Duraflex co-polymer type paint please PM me.

Cheers,

Soundman.