Sakon Nakhon Hotels

Jamie

Me and my fiancee will be flying in to Sakon Nakhon for a few days after I arrive in BKK. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel there? I've not been finding much doing an online search.

Thanks for any input...

Me and my fiancee will be flying in to Sakon Nakhon for a few days after I arrive in BKK. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel there? I've not been finding much doing an online search.

Thanks for any input...

Try AsiaRooms.com

intro.jpegSakol Grand Palace Hotel, Sakon Nakhon is one of the best places to stay in this part of Thailand. On your tour of Sakon Nakhon if you are looking for lodging cum dining accommodation units then this hotel is perfect for you. The guests who come to stay in the Sakol Grand Palace Hotel, Sakon Nakhon expect to have a wonderful holiday and they are not disappointed in the least. Location of Sakol Grand Palace Hotel, Sakon Nakhon

Room Facilities at Sakol Grand Palace Hotel, Sakon Nakhon

Sakol Grand Palace Hotel, Sakon Nakhon has 120 rooms that are divided into deluxe rooms, Superior rooms and Standard rooms. All the rooms are provided with televisions, telephones, hot water supply and refrigerators.

Edited by Tafia

Thanks for that. I will try asiarooms.com. When I did a search for hotels in Sakon Nakhon, this hotel did come up but when I tried to do a search for their website nothing came up.

Hi

The palace is nice but a bit out of it...well out of town

If you want to be in town close to Sakhons one and only disco we stay at MJ Majestic slap bang in town centre opposite market was getting a bit in need of a coat of paint last time we were there but it was ok and may have been painted now. Decent restaurant. Good restaurant nearby 'Green Corner' I think. Has english food as well as all thai stuff.

Alternatively if you dont want to be central just cheap and clean head out on the Udon Thani highway, just before you reach Don Mafai (about 10 miles) theres a lovely little motel on the right of the highway opposite a 7/11 absolutely nothing to do out there but very cheap and very clean detatched bungalows round a small lake. Korean owned I think. About 200 yards further up the highway also on the right just b4 you turn into Don Mafai theres the best restaurant I have ever been in Thailand...called something 'Kung' Little huts in a lake I feed the entire family there for about £15 ! Odd its in the middle of nowhere but its superb.

we will be there from about 1/11/07

post-13074-1192470547_thumb.jpg

post-13074-1192470573_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that. I will try asiarooms.com. When I did a search for hotels in Sakon Nakhon, this hotel did come up but when I tried to do a search for their website nothing came up.

do NOT try asiarooms ! try ANY other of the many online-booking-systems, but not them. they have, for a reason, a bad reputation..... just browse this forum to find out more.....