Sakon Nakhon Hotels

Jamie

Hi everyone...

I posted this in the Thailand Travel forum but would probably get more suggestions here. I will be flying in to BKK and then my and my fiancee will be heading up to Sakon Kakhon for a few days. I am looking for recommendations on nice hotels there. I haven't been able to find much doing internet searches.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

Hi everyone...

I posted this in the Thailand Travel forum but would probably get more suggestions here. I will be flying in to BKK and then my and my fiancee will be heading up to Sakon Kakhon for a few days. I am looking for recommendations on nice hotels there. I haven't been able to find much doing internet searches.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

Try MJ hotel in the city center http://www.tourismthailand.org/destination...5&typeid=10

I stayed at MJ a couple of weeks ago. It’s a nice big hotel with clean rooms and reasonably priced. Plenty of tour buses were parked in the carpark. The market and 7-11 is cross the road off to the left and a short walk off to the right brings you to a shopping centre.

I stayed in a suite which was huge as I wanted a large bed. The reception said the standard rooms only have 2 small beds.

The hotel has a restaurant/bar across from the reception but I found the service slow and food average. There are other Thai restaurants across the road from the hotel. The hotel breakfast catered more for Thais with eggs, sausages, toast and jam, no bacon for the western tastes.

Edited by Farma

You could also try the Dusit hotel, good food and the Chang is ice cold. I think it is 900Baht a night, I sometimes stay there when I am too pissed to ride the 50km back to the village, they also have a website but I can't remember the address.

• 2 weeks later...