Finally!

OM3N

I was at Villa on Suk. 49 yesterday after having knee surgery (I'm only 24 for chrissakes!) at Samitivej. Was stocking up so I didn't have to leave the house for a while. I stumbled upon a very happy discovery- Real authentic corn tortillas! They smell and taste just like what I would get in Southern California. About 60 baht for a pack of 8, the name is something like "Home-Made Sonora Mexico" Definitely recommended.

I was at Villa on Suk. 49 yesterday after having knee surgery (I'm only 24 for chrissakes!) at Samitivej. Was stocking up so I didn't have to leave the house for a while. I stumbled upon a very happy discovery- Real authentic corn tortillas! They smell and taste just like what I would get in Southern California. About 60 baht for a pack of 8, the name is something like "Home-Made Sonora Mexico" Definitely recommended.

Would you say they're better than the Lay's crap? =p

Maybe I am the one who should have been more specific :o . They are soft tortillas, but if fried in the right manner they could become hard shell.

<<< Dreams of owning a deep frier :D

Oh no, they will surely be gone before I can get there. Moderator please delete this thread before people die fighting in the aisles of villa over the last bag of tortillas.

Now I have to decide if I should risk taking the 5lb bag of masa out of my bag in hopes that I can get tortillas in bkk.

Edited by Tim207

A suggestion for one of you commercially-minded soft corn torilla lovers:

This is the website of the PepsiCo / Quaker Oats Affiliate (Malaysia) that provides the Quaker Oatmeal sold in Thailand at BigC, Tesco, Makro, etc. The information on the can says 'Made in Malaysia' so they have some processing facilities there. The raw oats must be shipped in as they certainly do not grow oats in Malaysia.

Maybe these persons are unaware of the market there might be here in Thailand if they would import Quaker Oats Masa Harina... someone maybe can take it from here:

http://www.tradenex.com/sites/quakermsia/index.htm

also

http://www.tortillamix.com/