"night Vision"

corkscrew

Night vision is so cool.

I thought that Mercedes has good enough head lights that one can see where to go, unless you practicing similar driving than Thais WITH OUT LIGHTS DURING NIGHT TIME... :o

Night vision is so cool.

I thought that Mercedes has good enough head lights that one can see where to go, unless you practicing similar driving than Thais WITH OUT LIGHTS DURING NIGHT TIME... :o

The night vision in the s class is a big improvement over lights alone (in a road without street lights) it seems to penetrate the darkness further..

The flip side is your distracted from looking at the primary information zone (windscreen) and I can see a possible risk in looking up and down / driving to the display.

I tend to think this is a feature that will trickle down into other cars and brands and in a few years be considered a must have.. It wouldnt surprise me to see that in a decade or so we may even have this as the primary vision or projected onto the windscreen as an overlay to whats there.. If your car imagination runs long term its not hard to imagine a system that merges vision and screen display and identifies moving objects and or objects in the path of the vehicle in warning color codes like some head up display. Of course thats not something for the coming couple of years but highly probable in the not so distant future.

It wouldnt surprise me to see that in a decade or so we may even have this as the primary vision or projected onto the windscreen as an overlay to whats there..

The Jaguar had that available a few years ago. Used a HUD (heads up display projection) on the main windscreen. Looked pretty cool indeed. Also Cadillac, BMW and perhaps others have/had it as an dash mount display.

Night vision is so cool.

I thought that Mercedes has good enough head lights that one can see where to go, unless you practicing similar driving than Thais WITH OUT LIGHTS DURING NIGHT TIME... :D

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why Thais are reluctant or scared to turn on their headlights at dusk. I mean, do they think it wastes fuel or what? :o

In some countries, Sweden & Canada for example, daylight headlights are mandatory now.

Night vision is so cool.

I thought that Mercedes has good enough head lights that one can see where to go, unless you practicing similar driving than Thais WITH OUT LIGHTS DURING NIGHT TIME... :D

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why Thais are reluctant or scared to turn on their headlights at dusk. I mean, do they think it wastes fuel or what? :o

In some countries, Sweden & Canada for example, daylight headlights are mandatory now.

Finland as well and i think all over europe and some states in USA now days and more that in european cars, you cant turn off head lights at all, they will be automaticall turned on when start the car.

Night vision is so cool.

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why Thais are reluctant or scared to turn on their headlights at dusk. I mean, do they think it wastes fuel or what? :D

Had a few close calls with idiots with the lights out blending in with others with the lights on. :o

Someone told me many think the lights use up the battery, while others prefer to save the bulb rather than save their life. :D

Night vision is so cool.

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why Thais are reluctant or scared to turn on their headlights at dusk. I mean, do they think it wastes fuel or what? :D

Had a few close calls with idiots with the lights out blending in with others with the lights on. :o

Someone told me many think the lights use up the battery, while others prefer to save the bulb rather than save their life. :D

That is so correct,, i met and talk few thai drivers and thay say that light bulb cost 500-700thb,,, and as long as they can see why to use lights cos it migh burst the buld and they need to invest money again,,,

that comes for thai police again,, instance to chasing bikes every day,, why dont they have check points for cars with out lights,,,oh sorry,, that might disturb they evening nap or football in the telly....

Wonder if it's the same reason they don't turn their turn signals on until the light turns green. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Night vision is so cool.

Is it available on the new Thais S models?

Corky you crack me up. Only you would dig up an old thread by quoting yourself...

To answer your question, Night Vision is not available in the Thai S, but if you really really wanted it, I don't see a reason why you couldn't get it fitted (AFAIK).

Night vision is so cool.

Is it available on the new Thais S models?

Corky you crack me up. Only you would dig up an old thread by quoting yourself...

To answer your question, Night Vision is not available in the Thai S, but if you really really wanted it, I don't see a reason why you couldn't get it fitted (AFAIK).

:o WHERE ?!?