Party On The 31st Of October?

mobs00

I know it is mostly an American holiday (as far as dressing in costume) but I saw that Foxy Lady is hosting a Halloween party this year. Anyone else thinking about going? I think it could be fun, depending on what the staff comes up with to wear (or not) :o

I know back home in Boston it was a great holiday when I was young, then I grew up and it turned into costume parties with beer instead of candy. Just wondering if anyone else may be thinking of going, I'd hate to show up and be the only person dressed for Halloween in Chiang Mai.

I know it is mostly an American holiday (as far as dressing in costume) but I saw that Foxy Lady is hosting a Halloween party this year. Anyone else thinking about going? I think it could be fun, depending on what the staff comes up with to wear (or not) :o

I know back home in Boston it was a great holiday when I was young, then I grew up and it turned into costume parties with beer instead of candy. Just wondering if anyone else may be thinking of going, I'd hate to show up and be the only person dressed for Halloween in Chiang Mai.

gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "trick or treat" doesnt it? :D

I'll be with friends old and new at Santia's Grotto on Thapae Soi 2. Santia always makes amazing costumes, she has the instruments out for the pick-up band jam session by the musicians that hang there, and the beers are cold. Also a good mix of Farangs, Thais, boys, girls. Good crowd. Good ppl, good fun.

But I will give you that the girlie bars are also alot of fun when they're all decked out in racy costumes. So it's like Santia's first, then after........ you catch the 2nd party...

I know where you mean now, it's got all the construction going on nearby (or at least it had last year).

Is the owner a dodgy looking middle-eastern guy?

I was in their last year with one of the 'Don' Farangs!

Hey this can be like one of those masked venetian ball type deals where instead of everyone wearing masks, you have to wear covered TV usernames on shirts instead!

At the midnight hour everyone just rips off the cover and we get to see who we are *really* talking to!!! LOL.

Edited by JimsKnight

I know where you mean now, it's got all the construction going on nearby (or at least it had last year).

Is the owner a dodgy looking middle-eastern guy?

I was in their last year with one of the 'Don' Farangs!

Hey this can be like one of those masked venetian ball type deals where instead of everyone wearing masks, you have to wear covered TV usernames on shirts instead!

At the midnight hour everyone just rips off the cover and we get to see who we are *really* talking to!!! LOL.

Nope, the owners are both from Hawaii.

Name tags sound fun. And maybe at midnight the girls can tell us their "real" names?

I saw that Foxy Lady is hosting a Halloween party this year.

Nah, I've a boycott going after the owner tried to shag a GF of mine while I out riding one of his bikes.

Are you sure? He must have pretty good balance to do that on a motorbike and all.......

Nah, I've a boycott going after the owner tried to shag a GF of mine while I out riding one of his bikes.

Are you sure? He must have pretty good balance to do that on a motorbike and all.......

Sorry thomo, I just figured out who you are talking about. The middle eastern guy is Tony "the snake". And he is one. He never worked there but liked to fluff his own ego so much he would hang around and tell people he was the owner. He really likes to get his whistle wet and your's is not the first story like this I have heard about him. He's got a trail a mile long of females that would love to see him in a dimly lit soi.

Guys before this thread moves too far in its current direction - remember the forum rules:

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys or otherwise in violation of any law.

regards

CB

Sorry thomo, I just figured out who you are talking about. The middle eastern guy is Tony "the snake". And he is one. He never worked there but liked to fluff his own ego so much he would hang around and tell people he was the owner. He really likes to get his whistle wet and your's is not the first story like this I have heard about him. He's got a trail a mile long of females that would love to see him in a dimly lit soi.

you obviously know quite a lot about that place.

Sounds like a boys night out :D Not that im personally up for going, im just being a pain in the ass and making an observation :D, cuz it sounds from the general description that TV female members arent really factored in? Or maybe other TV female members dont mind so much going along to generally male orientated bars. But heck eh, whadda I know. :o

Sounds like a boys night out :D Not that im personally up for going, im just being a pain in the ass and making an observation :D , cuz it sounds from the general description that TV female members arent really factored in? Or maybe other TV female members dont mind so much going along to generally male orientated bars. But heck eh, whadda I know. :o

You could always be one of the "boys" for Halloween and join us......

But seriously hidden name tags could be fun.

My theory is that the great majority of expats here are either into the bar scene now or used to be into it when they first arrived and got married, but still tend to talk about it a lot.

I wonder if female members would be offended by some of the topics of conversation at these get togethers?

My theory is that the great majority of expats here are either into the bar scene now or used to be into it when they first arrived and got married, but still tend to talk about it a lot.

I wonder if female members would be offended by some of the topics of conversation at these get togethers?

Maybe not offended (although depends on how base/disrespectful it gets). Most likely just bored.

Hey Eek....

THat's why I mentioned Santia's. I'm telling you it's cool. Everybody (80%) come in costume, + the lovely Santia has materials out for the artistically inclined to do some make-up or fashion halos or wings or whatever's necessary, and there's a good mix of Farang n Thai, and boys and girls. And maybe even of persuasions, as it were as well. it's just fun with a bunch of good people. She's got the whole place made up to look like a cave - hence grotto - and it's a real artist dive. Very different from anything else going on here in CM. Worth a look.

And I'll add that the nice mixed crowd it draws seems to make for good conversation too. I alwasy bump into other Farang who are friends of friends or ppl I've seen around town but never met, and even a person or two who turned out to be friends of friends once we got to comparing notes.

Ooh ok, sounds like Santia is a cool place.

I just googled for it, Thapae Road Soi 2, right? Not much info about it but thats ok, will just saunter down that way one day soon and take a sneaky peak in to check it out. Cheers. :D

Edit: Doh! no need to confirm where it is as i just re-read your first post. Ho hum. :o

Edited by eek

I just figured out who you are talking about. The middle eastern guy is Tony "the snake". And he is one. He never worked there but liked to fluff his own ego so much he would hang around and tell people he was the owner

Yup, the dude's a total <deleted>.

As is any middle aged man who sports a bandana on their head.

"Is Santia's a place one could go with kids? Because my young daughter likes very much haloween."

Tough call there.... I can't remember any kids being there last year, but that could just be my memory of events. If you're all kind of wavy-gravy artist-like and like your kid around adults it might be ok, but probably best is some other place. Id' bet somewhere around town a Farang family or two with kids from some Int'l School will be hosting and evening playing games and contests for kids and such. Not that people will be tanked out of their gourds at Santia's, but more of an adult environ with the music and drinking and smoking.

Sounds like a good place...i will be there and hopefully without my kids :o My eldest daughter wnts to do the whole halloween thing, where can i get a roundish pumpkin? the hard , flat green ones here must be a nightmare to hollow out? rimping?

Ooh ok, sounds like Santia is a cool place.

I just googled for it, Thapae Road Soi 2, right? Not much info about it but thats ok, will just saunter down that way one day soon and take a sneaky peak in to check it out. Cheers. :D

Edit: Doh! no need to confirm where it is as i just re-read your first post. Ho hum. :o

It's a nice enough place, but if they have more than twelve customers it becomes standing room only. Not ideal for a big party.

"It's a nice enough place, but if they have more than twelve customers it becomes standing room only. Not ideal for a big party.(Santia's)"

Humbug! It does get crowded, but you come n go. There'll be plenty of people to do, places to see that night. Er, um....parties all around. Santia's will be my first stop, maybe my last, all depends on which way the wind blows. But deifnitely a bunch of folks I hope to run into there that night for sure.

Also, I've been there a couple times with groups getting to hit say 50-60 ppl. Maybe more. They just end up spilling into the alley and the outside tables. She's also talking about opening up the upstairs which would give her tons more room. She's been in the process of making it a-la cave as well.

"It's a nice enough place, but if they have more than twelve customers it becomes standing room only. Not ideal for a big party.(Santia's)"

Humbug! It does get crowded, but you come n go. There'll be plenty of people to do, places to see that night. Er, um....parties all around. Santia's will be my first stop, maybe my last, all depends on which way the wind blows. But deifnitely a bunch of folks I hope to run into there that night for sure.

Also, I've been there a couple times with groups getting to hit say 50-60 ppl. Maybe more. They just end up spilling into the alley and the outside tables. She's also talking about opening up the upstairs which would give her tons more room. She's been in the process of making it a-la cave as well.

Thee may be as many as 15 seats inside, but whenever they have live entertainment the number goes down to ten or twelve. There's one small talbe outside where a handful of people can sit. The alley is narrow and, while not busy, does have traffic. 50-60 people inside and on their small deck would make the place miserably crowded. I know these are nice people and I don't fault anyone for trying to steer business there way, but be realisitc; it's a very small bar.