Translation Of Business Book

earlofwindermere

I need to get a business/technical book translated from English into Thai. I have used several translation companies in Chiang Mai in the past and I find that most are good for simpler tasks like passport/birth certificate translations. However; this task is more difficult and I need someone who has a strong background in business terms and concepts.

So far, the Bangkok companies have been quoting me 700 baht per page which is more than double what most companies charge me here. I'm hoping that there is someone locally who is not only good but also cheaper than this rate. Any recommendation? I have tried Star Visa, Interlanguage and the one near "To Nobody" several times and find them ok. Is there any other quality places that you'd recommend for this kind of work?

Thanks.

I need to get a business/technical book translated from English into Thai. I have used several translation companies in Chiang Mai in the past and I find that most are good for simpler tasks like passport/birth certificate translations. However; this task is more difficult and I need someone who has a strong background in business terms and concepts.

So far, the Bangkok companies have been quoting me 700 baht per page which is more than double what most companies charge me here. I'm hoping that there is someone locally who is not only good but also cheaper than this rate. Any recommendation? I have tried Star Visa, Interlanguage and the one near "To Nobody" several times and find them ok. Is there any other quality places that you'd recommend for this kind of work?

You may like to send a PM to Prince Albert - his wife works in a legal office and works on document translation. She may be interested in doing this as a side project. You probably should show her a page and ask her is she thinks it is within her ability. I know a couple of teachers from Payap university that would be able to do it but they would be fairly expensive. If you are interested send me a PM and I will forward you some contact details.

regards

CB

I've just switched to Language Learning Center on Huay Kaew Road, and my customer in Australia was sufficiently pleased to pay me. 3900 words about why, if you're driving your tour group through the desert out there, you should throw a winery or two into the tour to break up that painful four-hour SUV trek. I found it too painfully boring to read in English, to tell you the truth. I can't read Thai at all, but my customer has someone to check it for them before I get paid.

They're in the process of moving to Nimmanheiman Road, by the way. I don't know if they've done it yet.

I researched this about two months ago, because I thought my translator might be a bit too amateur for what I needed. To do this, I visited each place with a document I'd had translated previously, my resume. The results of my study were:

1) Media Express Translation, Thapae Road, across from Wat Ubokut, between Charoen Prathet and Changklan Road - 300 baht/page - next day service - didn't ask me how to pronounce anything

2) AUA Language Center. 053-278-407 or fax 053-211-973 for details. Charges begin at around 300 Baht per page, depending on how difficult the material is that needs translating. 340 baht/page - 3-4 days - I was asked how to say words like "Fayetteville." The answer, I think, is "leave those words in English," but the attention to detail was noted.

3) Language Learning Center, Huay Kaew Road. 350 baht/page, 3 days.

Once a job came in, I settled on Language Learning Center largely because they're almost across the road, and I don't have a motor vehicle of any kind. I'm pleased.

Good luck!