Ok To Return To Uk On Tourist Visa 2nd Time?

hello,

my girlfriend JJ has a 6 month tourist visa for uk and has already visited once, which we applied for in the visa, but would it be ok for her to return at christmas before it runs out as it is a multiple entry? Just want to check any rules on this one.

Thanks!

Fred

I thought that if you applied for say a 6 week holiday visa they put a 6 month one in the passport but they expected you to honour what you applied for?

My partner asked for 6 months in 2006 they issued 3 months but inserted a 6 month multi entry.When i contacted them they said yes by law you can stay 6 months but you applied for 3 we expect you back or it could jepordise any future applications ?

What visa did you apply for ???

She has a 6 month visa which will run out on the 28th December, but we applied under different circumtances as I was supposed to be returning for work in BKK in october. She said that she would be in uk for 10 weeks approx, from 27th July, flying back end of September. So she still has a visa, just a matter of honouring what we had said, and can reapply hopefully next year some time for another visit to UK. Could be another Thai christmas then for me :o . Was hoping for a British "white" christmas!

thanks,

fred

She has a 6 month visa which will run out on the 28th December, but we applied under different circumtances as I was supposed to be returning for work in BKK in october. She said that she would be in uk for 10 weeks approx, from 27th July, flying back end of September. So she still has a visa, just a matter of honouring what we had said, and can reapply hopefully next year some time for another visit to UK. Could be another Thai christmas then for me :o . Was hoping for a British "white" christmas!

I think that is wise as you say your declared circumstances have changed also. As the visa expires on 28th Dec she would be rushing off soon after Xmas anyway. (You do know the exit date is controlled by the visa validity not the entry stamp as it is in Thailand). Easter time should be good too (you can have an English Songkran!)

I was in the same situation they said you were granted 3 months we expect her back in May or it could jepordise any future applications so we honoured what was agreed.We returned applied for a fiance visa and got it in 2 days i believe this was due to her prompt return.

Edited by AZZZEY68

Thanks for all the advice!

An Easter Songkran could be interesting; driving around norfolk in a pick up truck full of ice cold water, soaking people to the skin :o ! Thai Christmas' are pretty darn good really- beach and fresh seafood! can't really grumble about missing some grim british weather.

thanks guys,

fred

I thought that if you applied for say a 6 week holiday visa they put a 6 month one in the passport but they expected you to honour what you applied for?

My partner asked for 6 months in 2006 they issued 3 months but inserted a 6 month multi entry.When i contacted them they said yes by law you can stay 6 months but you applied for 3 we expect you back or it could jepordise any future applications ?

What visa did you apply for ???

You are kinda right. You are legally allowed to enter for what ever the visa says, not what you tell them. The issue is next time. If you said 6 weeks but stayed 6 months they may think you lied in the first app or have doubts about your true intentions. The rule is to do as you say and IF there was a reason to change document it and provided as part of the 2nd app.

I am british but have house in Spain, Have just got my wife a visa to come with me to Spain to visit family. ( Did not need one for baby as she has British passport ) I gave the 8th of Nov till 4th Feb and what she got back was a mult entry visa for 6 months, but it said she could only stay for 90 days.

My wifes first Visitor visa was for 6 months with an undertaking to return within 3 months.I was told she could stay legally for the 6 months but because she had signed to say she would return within 3 , then if she stayed longer it would look bad for any future applications.

She was issued her 2nd Visit visa almost immediatley after the 6 months of the first visa had run out.Your g/f is only entitled to stay in the uk for upto 6 moths in a 13 month period( on visitors visa).As she has a 6 month visa then she obviousley hasn't stayed for a longer period than allowed.

If she has no undertaking to return then she is allowed to come and go as she pleases over the period of the visa.

She would have no problem returning to the UK as long as you have a return ticket dated for return before her visa runs out.

Hope thisis of help and you get back for Xmas, good luck

Edited by mickj88

hi,

thanks very much- very helpful. Looking forward to a christmas at the beach now- will plan another visa/visit to uk next year. No point in spoiling chances of future visas,

thanks,

fred

I think we have more than answered your concerns stick to what you applied for dont give them any excuses to knock you back next time.

There is nothing preventing your girlfriend returning whilst the visa is valid, but if she subsequently applies for a second visit visa, the visa officer may question why she came again.

Scouse.

Although you do have a 6 months visa that will alow you to travel back and forth it is always better to stick by what you have originally planned. However if you reason enough to return i.e. a birthday, anniversary, birth, wedding within your family or even christmas family gathering invitation i know you SHOULD be alright. I would then phone VFS and ensure they log that you have told them of your intentions. Vfs will only confirm that you are within your rights to go back as long as its within the specified time of the visa issued. I know three people, including ourselves who have done it and, we achieved a third tourist visa without any questioning of it or even an interview.

The main worry now seems to be the airport immigration and border controls who seem to have more power to stop anybody they feel. They will certainly stop your girlfriend and question her about it, so just ensure you have the invitation with you on landing.

Scouse and many others on this topic are technacally correct, however be warned you could be taking a chance.