Settlement Visa

My husband and I are over the moon now :D After very tough time from the past 2 months. If it wasn't help from this forum, I wouldn't make it this far. It only took me 4 days without any interview. Thank you very much for all the helps. And I would like to wish for everyone who is going through the same as I did to have the best of luck and successful in their applications.

Now it's time from the next step...(it's not over yet :D )

I believe all the applicants who have been granted a visa will get a letter about information for the holder of spouse/civil partnership visa. I don't really understand the secound paragraph...

The prescribed application forms for settlement state that applications should not be submitted more than 28 days before leave expires. Generally any application for settlement which is considered by a caseworker more than 28 days before an applicant has completed the relevant period of leave should be refused. The basis for refusal being that they do not meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules because they have not completed the specified period of leave in the UK. If an application is considered and refused on the basis the fee will be retained. An applicant may apply again for settlement, within 28 days of the current leave expiring and on payment of the appropriate fee.

My visa is valid from 07/11/07 until 07/11/09 and I will arrive in the UK on 07/11/07.

When will I be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain? (I'm a bit confused) :o

Srisuda & Simon

Excellent news! On the assumption that you arrive in the UK on 7 November 2007 and will otherwise fulfil the indefinite leave conditions, you can apply on 10 October 2009.

Scouse.

I will note this date down. Thank you very much for all of your replies and suggestions which have been very useful for me. I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the near future :o

Srisuda & Simon

Hi,

Congratulations, suppose its party time :D .

Hope i get the great news too in a couple of months.

Good luck.

Scotty.........

Yeah...as soon as I get there, we will get drunk :D

Good luck to you too...make sure that you have covered everything they need to know so they won't question. Hope to hear good news from you soon. :o

Excellent news! On the assumption that you arrive in the UK on 7 November 2007 and will otherwise fulfil the indefinite leave conditions, you can apply on 10 October 2009.

Scouse.

Just in case, can I also apply within 10 October 2009 and 7 November 2009 (expiry date)?

Anyday within the 28 days before the expiry,am I correct? Learning mistakes from the others on the forum, I don't want to make any for myself. Thank you in advance

Srisuda & Simon

Edited by vivachocobo

Learning mistakes from the others on the forum, I don't want to make any for myself. Thank you in advance

Congrats vivachocobo.

Don't forget to get your name on as many utility bills and "official" forms as you can. This will all help when you apply in 2 years. Also, your English seems very good so get on learning the Life In The UK test as soon as possible. You will also need to have passed that before you apply.

Congrats vivachocobo.

Don't forget to get your name on as many utility bills and "official" forms as you can. This will all help when you apply in 2 years. Also, your English seems very good so get on learning the Life In The UK test as soon as possible. You will also need to have passed that before you apply.

Thank you from reminding me mrbojangles. :o

My husband already got a handbook for the Life In The UK test waiting for me their. I will start reading as soon as I get to their. About utility bills, my husband and I will be living in his parents' house. How can we have our name in the utility bills? This is one of the things that we are still trying to sort out. If there is anything else we can do and need to know please tell, we will be more than pleased to learn. :D

You can ask your in-laws to put you on one of the utility bills. Other than that, keep correspondence from any government institution in addition to bank statements, doctor's appointment letters etc.

Scouse.

Thanks Scouse I will tell Simon about this. :o

Simon,

As an add on to what Scouse has said. When my Mrs came over, i simply called all the utility companies and asked for her to be "added" to the bill. One company (npower) asked why and i just said that she has just moved here and needs her name on utilty bills to be able to get a bank account and a mobile phone contract. They obliged no problem.