Sorry One More Marriage Visa Question

Hi quick summary,

I am 45 and a uk citizen

spent 14 months in Thailand recently, fell in love had a baby ( i know bit hasty).

anyway I really want to relocate to Thailand and look after my Daughter and Wife ( to be).

I understand about getting the non immigrant o visa then marrying in Thailand part .

my questions are these:

1. Once married and and trying to make a new life, is it possible to arrive with enough money to buy house etc and then earn your income from abroad- like i do in the uk already via various worldwide audio projects ( but paying taxes in Thailand)?

2. Or do you need to go down the business visa road and work for a company based in Thailand?

I have found myself in the position where I have a decent worldwide cv, but alas no degree.

Any other angles would be helpful, but I feel it would be crazy to come back to Thailand and set us up for a fall

Thanks for your help

1. I would not be in too much of a hurry to buy a house - rents are very cheap here and until you work out other factors believe that should be well down on your list of things to do. You can earn you income from abroad but to work you need a work permit and for that you will require some kind of business set up (unless you physically leave Thailand to do the work). I would advise legal advise if you want to set up business.

2. That is an option if you can find a job - but job's that support work permits are few and far between in most fields.

Thanks Lopburi3,

So I guess the option your suggesting is the non-immigrant o visa route, with the associated visa runs etc.?

I'd concur with Lop.

Start off with a non-o multi from Hull no financial requirements, gives you up to 15 months to sort yourself out, border hop every 90 days, not exactly stressful :o

And should a job come up you can get a work permit against it too :D

IMHO It is by far the most flexible option for those who can get one.

Edited by Crossy

Thanks crossy

I have just been looking on The royal thai Embassy page for info on the Non immigrant type o visa and it these states a person must have one of these items.( I assume it means only one it is not very clear)

1. Birth certificate ? ( for my thai baby or me?)

2. Marriage certificate ( not married yet)

3. official letter from voluntary work organization.

How do you guys get these if not married in Thailand yet etc.

Or does it simply mean I need to have my Thai (wife to be), send me our babys certificate, on which i am the named Father?

all help appreciated.

Edited by dannyh2000uk

For most people from the UK the Consulate in Hull is how. They will normally issue such a visa for visiting friends in Thailand if you satisfy them that you have the means to return to the UK. The have website you can check.