What If Lady Has Daughter

Phil_ne_uk

I’m planning to move to live in Thailand when I sell my house in the UK. I intend to live with my Thai girlfriend when I get there. She has a 10 yr old daughter. Does anyone know if she would want her daughter to live with us, the 3 of us together? Or would she stay with her grandmother in Bangkok. Is this customary?

Phil

I’m planning to move to live in Thailand when I sell my house in the UK. I intend to live with my Thai girlfriend when I get there. She has a 10 yr old daughter. Does anyone know if she would want her daughter to live with us, the 3 of us together? Or would she stay with her grandmother in Bangkok. Is this customary?

Phil

The Grandmother won't be in Bangkok, she will move in as well. :o

Most mothers want their daughters to live with them...........depends on your living accomodation situation . You might be lucky and get Grandma as well :D . Seriously i suggest you discuss it with yout G/F if it is going to be a problem in the future.........you may find she/ll say daughter stays with Gran but once your here will move her in anyway eventually..........very devious these Thai ladies....and yes i love 'em! :o

Tell her that her family are welcome to stay as long as they want, just that when they are there, you will be staying in the nearest 5* hotel. The thought of all that money going to waste will dramatically reduce her hospitality!!

Expect the kid, which is only fair, but lay down some heavy ground rules with respect to her extended family and "cousins".