A Good Cook?

elsie

Gals, a bit of advice I got long ago from my grand mother

"Love goes through a man's stomach".

Let's face it, she was right. After the initial exitement the daily rountine comes in and the excitement might be somewhere else. But the food brings the horse back to it's stable.

Also a word to the husband (by my granny)

Don't tell your wife that your own mother was a much better cook.

She will be good, once you bring home as much money as your father did. :o

My husband freely admits that he married me based on my chicken curry. (Not a Thai curry) My pot roast and beef stew came as pleasant bonuses. I do all the cooking, and do it well, even though he worked as a cook while in college. He claims to be unable to cook.

OTOH, my sister cannot cook. When she babysat my kids, she fed them bologna sandwiches because they were less cooking than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Her husband did all the cooking, and was a very good cook. It never occurred to him that she should cook, since he knew from the beginning that she couldn't.

So, dear lady, whether or not cooking is a necessary or desirable wifely skill depends on the man. The more traditional the man, the more likely he is to appreciate a wife who cooks well. Hence the old saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." But the young men of today are far less likely to see cooking as a necessary skill, particularly with the wide availability of delicious and inexpensive food in Thailand.

Elsie I guess you may have figured my Strife is a good cook. As far as eating out she will never eat at a Thai restauraunt, cosiders it a waste of money and reckons food doesnt look good.

Im with you Bronco

My lady is the same

We must have tried just about every thai restaurant in Sydney in a 10k radius and none measure up to her standard or cooking

I think we can clarify this scientifically through the use of a control subject.

If I have twins in front of me, and one of them can cook really well, and the other one refuses to cook - I'll take the one that can cook. :o

Now, suppose the one twin that can't cook knows any particular sexual treat within your imagination (which the cooking twin refuses to perform) - well, maybe I don't have that good an imagination - I'll still take the twin that can cook!

:D

kenk3z

My little bride is a fantastic cook! Didn't go looking for one when we met but it's definitely a big plus over the "long haul". If I had to do it all over again, believe I'd check out the culinary skills as one of the deciding factors.

Now, suppose the one twin that can't cook knows any particular sexual treat within your imagination (which the cooking twin refuses to perform) - well, maybe I don't have that good an imagination - I'll still take the twin that can cook!

Ahh.. I get the picture now. :o

Cheers everyone. Update news; my scrambled eggs looked a bit better now. But my sister still refused to eat it. Wonder why.. :D

"the way to a man's heart is through his stomach"

Yeah, I also think this's true. Even though Cosmo keeps telling me "Lower! Lower!". :D Anyway, I'll keep learning and practicing.. until it's not a disaster.

I think we can clarify this scientifically through the use of a control subject.

If I have twins in front of me, and one of them can cook really well, and the other one refuses to cook - I'll take the one that can cook.  :D

:D 

kenk3z

OK , first of all , what do the twins look like ? :D

LC , To me it is VERY nice that my wife is a great cook . I do not want to go out and eat everyday , I like the homey feel of doing thing's like cooking together .

True , I usually get kicked out of the kitchen but I can cook pretty good myself .

The Thai food department is her's completely . She actually get's mad at me when I cook my own food and she cant cook for me . Do you have any friends or family that are good cook's ? Maybe you can ask them to teach you how to make their best dish(s) . It's not really hard , it just takes practice . When we get into a fight I say to myself " at least she's a good cook " :o

These mythical twins are awesome looking, identical twins.

Mind you, I did say that the one had NO cooking ability, as in "eat out" or "microwave" every meal. But she's really good at ###### with a ###### on top of ###### using peppermint ###### and she doesn't even blink when doing that. [ Sorry I got a bit carried away there with the imagination. ]

You'd be surprised how long some men can last on just scrambled eggs and spaghetti if the OTHER things in the relationship are right. :o

kenk3z

Take. aways.

Less dirty dishes, more time for sweet sweet lovin'.

(Sorry, been listening to too much Barry White)

I agree with the fatman. Take out in this kigndom is for most part cheaper than buying all the ingredients and cooking it yourself (especially western food). And my gf works longer, harder hours than I do...so, naturally the cooking responsibility often falls upon me...hence the take out!

However, I wouldn't mind a girl who could whip me up some chicken fajitas on short notice (with my help of course...i.e food prep and beer bottle opening). If it were up to me, it would be club sandwiches and mexican food alternated on a weekly basis. My gf is actually getting quite good at those fajitas...so perhaps my dreams have already came true. :o

Most Thai women are good cooks as they are still traditionally taught by their mothers.The problems start when you want to cook yourself.The neighbours might see and she would loose face.The most I manage is to help out which seems nearly acceptable.

Out in the wllds it is so cheap to eat out that we often do that for 15-25b each it is difficult to beat that even buying at the markets.Locally we have an amazingly good noodle soup shop which is a great favourite with me at 20b portion. Its often too busy at lunchtime to get a table so we tend to eat at 11 or 3.There are two decent restaurants and charges are 25-30b and portions are massive.Trouble is when you visit the coastal resorts you come back to earth and have to mostly pay more than double and nowhere near the quality level.

Being able to cook is a basic skill everyone should have and if the skill level is above that it is a definite bonus.

I feel lucky, my Thai wife makes her living as a chef, so the best place

to eat as far as I am concerned is my home.

I think you are lucky. Usually the saying goes, that the best tailor wears her/himself the worst clothing.