Is This A Clever Idea On The Non Im B Or Not...

Ok im a brit living in the knigdom of smiles, i have a business registered here and pay my taxes but i keep doing a 3 month visa run to KL but id it not possible for me to go to say vietman on holiday for 2 weeks copy my passport incase of any troubles send all my doc's to a relation in the UK who will then send it onto Hull? then when it is sent back to the family in UK they send it to me in my hotel i say narm or whereever and there you go i fly back into Thailand with a 1year multi entry visa????

Any views people?.

Well, apart from the obvious things -- like being in a foreign country without a passport -- I presume the Thai consulate in Hull might actually look at the stamps in your passport and see you stamped into Vietnam but not stamped out, and not having re-entered the UK to apply for your visa. Let's hope they at least return your passport to you so you can leave Vietnam some day.

Yer i understand that my visa will not have a stamp for leaving Vietnam but it will have the all important stamp for leaving thailand.

Its just a bloody long way to go for a visa run.

Might just stick it out with the old 3month visa run to kl.

Cheers for the reply k

I am no visa expert, but isn't this similar to the ILLEGAL method the ILLEGAL agencies used before they got caught?

I do sympathize with the incredible distance you would have to travel, 7 time zones, each way. I travelled 12 time zones, each way, a couple of times to renew my B visa, and gave up.

Yer i understand that my visa will not have a stamp for leaving Vietnam but it will have the all important stamp for leaving thailand.

Cheers for the reply k

A visa acquired abroad without you being in the country of issue is invalid and unlawful. Thai Immigration computers will instantly tell them that you have a dodgy visa. Stick to KL.

Does anybody on this forum actually have any proof that it is illegal to obtain the visa in this way.On the hull websites visa rules it says you must not be in Thailand when applying for the visa.If you leave Thailand then it shows your stamped out of there.

If you are in Thailand and apply by post or any other means to a consulate outside of the Kingdom. Its illegal.

Go to Vietnam or Laos. Then send your stuff to the UK for a new Visa. Sounds ok?

I doubt it. I can just imagine some Immigration official seeing your exit stamps not in sync with the visa issued in another country.

if you think it's worth putting at risk your future entitlement to visit or remain in Thailand

for the sake of saving a few bucks on doing a legal visa run then go ahead and gamble

but personally I would rather stick very much to playing exactly by the rules -especially these days! :o

This one pops up fairly regularly.

The answers usually form this argument:-

You must be in the jurisdiction of the consulate that issues the visa for it to be legal.

BUT.

It is unlikely that the consulate will check where you are, except that you are not in Thailand (particularly if you have a pretty full passport).

Immigration don't SEEM to check where you were when you got the visa (so long as it's outside LoS) but there is absolutely zero guarantee of this.

NOTE I have never tried this (I'm married, don't need to), and it's really outside the spirit of the law.

Obviously being in a foreign country without your passport is a risky business. Copies will likely keep you out of jail, if picked up I suppose you could have 'lost' your PP, but you'd probably be expected to then report it officially resulting in you paying for a new PP and wasting the visa money as well :o

Cheers for the reply k

A visa acquired abroad without you being in the country of issue is invalid and unlawful. Thai Immigration computers will instantly tell them that you have a dodgy visa. Stick to KL.

Dont talk ridiculous been doing it for over 12 years now.....

if you think it's worth putting at risk your future entitlement to visit or remain in Thailand

for the sake of saving a few bucks on doing a legal visa run then go ahead and gamble

but personally I would rather stick very much to playing exactly by the rules -especially these days! :o

Agreed

Cheers for the reply k

Dont talk ridiculous been doing it for over 12 years now.....

idiot