Pattaya Pride! Pattaya Has Arrived.

Jingthing

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya is a good place to go if you want to be surrounded by foreigners and signs in English.

True, like I said, cosmopolitan means many foreigners. Any cosmopolitan city will have lots of English signs as English is the dominant language in the world today.

English is the dominant language in the world today.

Although I agree whith most of what you're saying, this is not entirely true.

Most spoken language in the world is Chinese, second Spanish and English third. :o

For the rest keep it up although I doubt that you will change the mind of Pattaya haters. :D

cheers

Onzestan

Most spoken language in the world is Chinese, second Spanish and English third.

Granted, on numbers alone.

But try to get by on Chinese in Buenos Aires, Athens, Tokyo, Paris, Rome, Addis Ababa, Montreal, Mexico City, and on and on. For international travel, commerce, communication, English is without a doubt the dominant language.

I think Jingthing should be made honorary farang tourism minister for Pattaya.

Why thank you so much, but I can't be working on a retirement visa.

You might ask WEHO though.

I thought that was Brits role, year after year he tirelessly, against all odds and reason defends the reputation of Pattaya on every known forum to mankind.

In any case, the bashers are in retreat and silent for now. A small victory for objectivity and Thai sanuk.

For those bashers suffering from heart failure when realizing that Pattaya is indeed the most cosmopolitan city in Thailand, perhaps we should be good sports and set up a special fund for their care?

Edited by Jingthing

English is the dominant language in the world today.

Although I agree whith most of what you're saying, this is not entirely true.

Most spoken language in the world is Chinese, second Spanish and English third. :o

For the rest keep it up although I doubt that you will change the mind of Pattaya haters. :D

cheers

Onzestan

Statistics. :D Depends on where they are obtained from.

Most spoken language is not " Chinese " It is Mandarin ( China predominately uses Mandarin, Wu and Cantonese )

Spanish could be considered second by numbers alone. However, it is spoken widely in approx 20 countries. English is widely used in 115 countires. I think that makes English the dominant language.....certainly in terms of business.

But there again.................those are statistics i,ve obtained. Others will obtain statistics that show Icelandic to be the dominant language in errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Iceland ( maybe ) :D

<a href="http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/worldlang.htm" target="_blank">http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/worldlang.htm</a>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_langu...native_speakers

WOW! Wayyyyyyyyy off topic i think. :D

Edited by stevemiddie

• 2 weeks later...