Platinum Membership

dantilley

Hi,

Just noticed the new (well, new to me anyway) Platinum Membership options in the control panel, could we have more info on this please? Specifically:

• The Platinum Lounge forum, how many people are subscribed to this forum and what is discussed in here? Is it like another more exclusive version of Bedlam, or something different?
  • Platinum meet-ups - is there one planned, and have there been some already? If so where last one held and what was the format of this event? Or if one is planned for the future, where is it going to be? Are these events free to Platinum members?
  • It says there will be faster loading times if you subscribe to the platinum service, but how much faster? Seems pretty quick already, and also is this additional to the speed improvements announced here?
  • Does the "Ad-free" service extend to the Classifieds, Travel and other subsidiary sites also?
  • You also mention "much more to come", any more details you can give at this stage?

Apologies if all this has been communicated already, but I couldn't see anything in Forum Support or the Announcements forum. Am quite surprised, though, that more of a fuss hasn't been made out of these fairly substantial sounding improvements to the site, especially as they're all paid-for services.

Thanks.

Hmm, well not quite equivalent! At $10 a month, or about 350 Baht, if that included a decent piss-up every couple of months or so, a worthwhile new forum on the site and no more banner or Google ads I think it could be decent value. Must be something you get for your $10 as all the payment process works - I clicked all the way through to confirming the Paypal payment, but stopped just short of actually making the payment, so if Thaivisa is taking people's cash there must be some services being provided in return. Interested to know the full details though...

We are running a beta test and will make an announcement later. The "no-ads" bit of it it just a little tiny part of the whole package.

If any Paypal transactions should occur during the beta test we will refund them immediately, as this is just an internal test.

I can't give any more details right now, as we are evaluating possible privileges and member options.