Significant Price Rises Everywhere !

midas

A lot of the time Heng seems to be posting from the "let them eat cake" school of economic thought; however, it's so exaggerated that given his intelligence I usually just assume he's winding everyone up. Either way, he shouldn't be taken too seriously when he gets like this.

"Steven"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of the time Heng seems to be posting from the "let them eat cake" school of economic thought; however, it's so exaggerated that given his intelligence I usually just assume he's winding everyone up. Either way, he shouldn't be taken too seriously when he gets like this.

"Steven"

so what is the best way to increase the minimum wage then in a manner that isn't also inflationary and and simply wipe out in real terms any nominal increases in salary?

For me, it is increases in training, education, health care, dismantling of protective most tariffs, and a competitive banking environment. The eventual goal is to increase productivity, which would be reflected in raised income (in real terms).

It is easy to knock the 'let them eat cake' mob, and i am by no means a supporter of that line of thinking, but the alternatives for governments aren't alway easy, nor are they necessarily palitable to the electorate.

You guy's dont know how lucky you are im still in Blighty till next Year !, it really is expensive to live here, gas, elec, poll tax fuel at an all time high at £1.00 a ltr, intrest rate rises. honest guy's you should thank your lucky stars.

you need a minimun of £500.00 a week here just to live.

500 quid a week minimum to live on,think you may be ever so slightly exagerating there fella

Just a tad. Food bill in the Uk is 3 times that of Thailand and that is eating at home whereas I eat out a lot in Thailand and do not see major increases there.

Diesel now through the £1 a litre mark and due to rise more.

Beer £2.54 a pint but 3 Beer Chang for 100 Baht (or abt 150 Bhat in a restaurant).

The UK is bad but nowhere near the £500 a week mark - unless you live like a king ??

If it was that bad I might starve and be deprived of a weekends pleadurable drinking :o

I have seen prices increase in the last 6 months in Thailand but generally on 'shop' bought produce and products. Prices in the local markets do not seem to have risen that much. A lot does depend on seasons and whatever is in season (fruits especially) seem to fall through the floor on prices.

Fried rice chicken still at 20 B. Noodles a lot less. Same with other small dishes.

I agree in Thailand it is the poorest who get hit hardest by these increases in many ways but, thankfully, out in the sticks there is usually a family member or two growing produce and often handing it out for free or for very few Baht.

well me and my mates must be doing something wrong cos the general consensus is that you need at least £500 a week to have a decent lifestyle.

Mortgage +house insurance £139.00

utilities inc c tax £ 65.00

fuel+insurance x2 £80.00

food 2 adults 1 child £100.00

Total £384.00

that only leaves £116.00 for luxuries like hols and going out for a beer, sky tv oh and the TV licence! Im also self employed which means i have to pay my national insurance and tax out of that! you must live like porper mate !. I couldnt live on less and i dont have a lavish lifestyle. like a King

You guy's dont know how lucky you are im still in Blighty till next Year !, it really is expensive to live here, gas, elec, poll tax fuel at an all time high at £1.00 a ltr, intrest rate rises. honest guy's you should thank your lucky stars.

500 quid a week minimum to live on,think you may be ever so slightly exagerating there fella

Thats only about average wage - not bloody much

Just a tad. Food bill in the Uk is 3 times that of Thailand and that is eating at home whereas I eat out a lot in Thailand and do not see major increases there.

Beer £2.54 a pint but 3 Beer Chang for 100 Baht (or abt 150 Bhat in a restaurant).

The UK is bad but nowhere near the £500 a week mark - unless you live like a king ??

If it was that bad I might starve and be deprived of a weekends pleadurable drinking :o

I have seen prices increase in the last 6 months in Thailand but generally on 'shop' bought produce and products. Prices in the local markets do not seem to have risen that much. A lot does depend on seasons and whatever is in season (fruits especially) seem to fall through the floor on prices.

Fried rice chicken still at 20 B. Noodles a lot less. Same with other small dishes.

I agree in Thailand it is the poorest who get hit hardest by these increases in many ways but, thankfully, out in the sticks there is usually a family member or two growing produce and often handing it out for free or for very few Baht.

well me and my mates must be doing something wrong cos the general consensus is that you need at least £500 a week to have a decent lifestyle.

fuel+insurance x2 £80.00

Total £384.00

that only leaves £116.00 for luxuries like hols and going out for a beer, sky tv oh and the TV licence! Im also self employed which means i have to pay my national insurance and tax out of that! you must live like porper mate !. I couldnt live on less and i dont have a lavish lifestyle. like a King

For starters my mortgage is £100 a week less (result of winning a hard fought divorce) :D

My fuel and insurance £40 a week less.

But .... d*mn my air fares are getting more expensive !!!! :D

Ahhh, now I spend most of the year in Thailand I am £3k a year better off.

I think I'd better shush up now.

<----- goes and hides for a week until next flight back to LOS.

fuel+insurance x2 £80.00

Total £384.00

I for one, can certainly understand what you are talking aout. To suggest that one would be living like a King by having outgoings of 2k a month is pretty nonsensical. The average wage in the UK is around 24k lthough there are plenty of people earning far less,and far more than that. The increasing prices in fuel, house prices, council tax etc, would mean that it is highly likely that people can easily spend this amount of money. Take into account regional variations as well, such as the South East and certain areas of the South and South West and it is perfectly beleivable. I was certainly paying out around this in outgoings 3 years ago in England, so I can only assume that it has not got any cheaper. I had a more than comfortable lifestyle, but I wasn't living like a King.

In the end, you live to what you earn. So If you're earning 50k a year, you are going to have the lifestyle and outgoings that go with it. If you earn 24k the same. Pretty difficult to compare individual circumstances really.

In the end, I think that Thailand gives pretty good value for money across the whole board.

"Steven"

Hang on "Steven," only a few more days 'till payday.

:o

Historically prices rise....why should it be different now?

Historically people don't really think of the fact that in the future things will cost more....why should it be different now?

Historically people complain about rising prices....why should it be different now?

What greater challenge for the masses than trying to make ends meet?

as long as rising prices to not cause the masses to plot to make the ruling class meet their end .

I think of more concern are their daily plots to get 23 people into that one ton pickup truck.

:D

Thailand and other Asian states will always be dearer for the farangs because the majority of locals don't require as many luxuries as we do

Yep, its because they are Buddhists and more spiritual. Thats also why many of these poor Asians are willing to marry a dude thrice their age, its because of their Buddhist culture. Now just keep telling yourself this over and over again.

Edited by YoungFarangNa

Yep, its because they are Buddhists and more spiritual. Thats also why many of these poor Asians are willing to marry a dude thrice their age, its because of their Buddhist culture. Now just keep telling yourself this over and over again.

Care to explain this to me?