Big Bore Kits

smartecosse

I know that you can get 190 or so kits for the likes of the Nouvo and the KSR's but can you get them for Honad waves / dreams?

Failing that anyone know where a scrappy is that I can get a cbr 150 engine etc from?

Thanks

Sh1t last week I deleted all my files to save some space on a thumb drive.

I had a Wave 100 (actually 96cc) converted to 115 (actually 113.5cc).

KICX0009.jpg

If you start with a 110 you would get something like 125. But you can buy a standard 125. It is the fun/hobby factor I enjoyed. I think the practical maximum is about 135 from 100 with a 63.5mm piston but you need to buy a big valve head etc. to get the most. A 115 with a big valve head, racing cam etc will do indicated 120kph downhill with the wind behind it.

Anything over about 2mm extra will require a new liner and hence boring the crankcase so it is not bolt on stuff. Depends where you live. You can get big valve heads, big carbs, cams, etc. in most big cities here, you just need to search.

http://www.faddybike.com in BKK can give you info and Japanese stuff but it's not cheap as it is priced for Europeans!

Oil cooler about 1500 Baht (Saphan Kwauy)

Big carb and manifold about 800 in the market in Rayong.

Exhaust 1500 (Rayong)

Camshaft :- reground 900 Baht, New billet cam 1200 Baht (Rayong)

I got my big valve head and cylinder kit in Indo.as I was living there. $80 and $120.

Aluminium swing arm 1500 (Saphan Kwauy)

Upside down forks 2500 (Saphan Kwauy)

Alloy rims and production racing tires from Indo.

Most foreign sites with info if you want to spend some time surfing are for Monkey Bikes, Junior motocross (Three brothers racing) and there are forums for Honda Cub.

Its fun to lab with it, but the roads are so bad and big cracks in the concret and with all crazy Thai drivers then if you ad it all up you can be sure you cat use the speed more than 1 or two minutes. :o

So then it is of to a raceway and turn a few laps :D

not had much luck on the honda side so decided i might just get a 150 raider and not bother with the big bore kit although the KSR's with a kit on would be great fun

Hi, I have a KSR and I changed a lot. Including a 140cc kit from Japan. Great increase in power. Right now I try to make a 186cc engine with the help of a Thai friend from House of Paint (it's a bike shop here in Pattaya). If you like to modify, a KSR is great. Also Kawasaki organises trips and circuit days for it. Check out www.ksrthailand.com (it's Thai, but you can look the pictures :D , same as me :o ). If you would like to know more, just mail me. By the way, I know where to get used engines, but it is in Chonburi and Bangkok.

Its fun to lab with it, but the roads are so bad and big cracks in the concret and with all crazy Thai drivers then if you ad it all up you can be sure you cat use the speed more than 1 or two minutes. :o

So then it is of to a raceway and turn a few laps :D

Sometimes it's not about outright speed it the satisfaction and the process of doing it :D . If all you want is speed get a used NSR150SP :D KSR's are fun but not really for popping down to the 7-11
thats the big problem to look like Thai
Or rather NOT to look like the locals. That applies as much here as it does in Indo. Also if you have any well done modified bike you will get many more local friends, including but not limited to your local neighborhood motocy taxi riders, neighborhood bike store owners, etc. They won't take your side necessarily in a dispute but will mollify the locals. At least that was my experience in Indo.

I also had a great ride once "racing" with a small "r" for 60 kms with a guy on a Yamaha FZ1 112cc 2-stroke. He couldn't get away from me but I also couldn't get away from him. That was before my big valve head :D We even shook hands MotoGP stlye as we entered the townsite at a sedate 50 kph. I used to know all the bike parts shop owners in town.

If you want to get Thai prices at Aseanmoto drop by and you can borrow my secretary as we are not far from them in Phra Khanong

Edited by VocalNeal

Hi :o

I'm riding a '94 Yamaha RXZ (two-stroke 135 cc) and i am searching high and low for an exhaust for it. Maybe someone here can help me out...... i need the exhaust for the OLDER RXZ-Model which is the all-black version, made of three parts - the one that connects to the cylinder, the main part (actual exhaust) and the silencer insert that's in the end of the exhaust.

I have been to several smaller bike shops and always get the same answer - "Yamaha is out of stock", as i want this part original from Yamaha. I do NOT want the newer model with the chrome endpiece (as the older one generates two more horsepower).

I have been referred to "Red Baron" but they replied my e-mail with "Sorry, we only do big bikes" even tough i bought my aluminium rims there (as they were the only ones supplying DID rims in 18 inch).

If anyone here knows where i could get my exhaust? Price is no question, i pay what it costs. Oh, before i forget - i live in Bangkok.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

I'm riding a '94 Yamaha RXZ (two-stroke 135 cc) and i am searching high and low for an exhaust for it. Maybe someone here can help me out...... i need the exhaust for the OLDER RXZ-Model which is the all-black version, made of three parts - the one that connects to the cylinder, the main part (actual exhaust) and the silencer insert that's in the end of the exhaust.

I have been to several smaller bike shops and always get the same answer - "Yamaha is out of stock", as i want this part original from Yamaha. I do NOT want the newer model with the chrome endpiece (as the older one generates two more horsepower).

I have been referred to "Red Baron" but they replied my e-mail with "Sorry, we only do big bikes" even tough i bought my aluminium rims there (as they were the only ones supplying DID rims in 18 inch).

If anyone here knows where i could get my exhaust? Price is no question, i pay what it costs. Oh, before i forget - i live in Bangkok.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/shops/index.html

Gleaming paint doesn't make it faster...... i love my bike just "as is" :D Apart from that, the only actual rust you'll find on the bike is on these "chromed" foot rests which i change every few months anyway because they fall apart. This machine is 13 years old, got 64.000 km on the clock (of which 23.000 have been done by me in the last couple of years) plus an unknown number more - when i got it there was no cable to the speed/odometer installed, so it may well be 164.000 kilometers already. I got it as a REAL pile of junk for 5.000 Baht and slowly built it up again, found it to be a very reliable machine which never lets me down.

Best regards....

Thanh

post-13387-1193548001_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1193548042_thumb.jpg

Gleaming paint doesn't make it faster...... i love my bike just "as is" :D Apart from that, the only actual rust you'll find on the bike is on these "chromed" foot rests which i change every few months anyway because they fall apart. This machine is 13 years old, got 64.000 km on the clock (of which 23.000 have been done by me in the last couple of years) plus an unknown number more - when i got it there was no cable to the speed/odometer installed, so it may well be 164.000 kilometers already. I got it as a REAL pile of junk for 5.000 Baht and slowly built it up again, found it to be a very reliable machine which never lets me down.

Best regards....

Thanh

wow........... massive difference

well done for the hard work that must have been involved

I have the feeling sometimes that this bike is glad for me having saved it from the junk yard (the frame was broken too, under the seat) and having put quite some effort into it - all the bits and pieces i fixed (can you imagine, when i bought it, the engine was running and the front brake worked - and that was it! Not a single light working, speedmeter and rpm meter cables missing, rims rusted thru (both!), both tyres no thread left, indicator's relay missing, no horn, front light glass broken, cockpit case broken, sprockets completely worn out, chain too, tail light glass broken, all four foot rests broken, kick starter not working (had to push start it) etc etc etc....... they had a second one in similar condition which they sold for the same price :D

There is a motorbike repair shop in Phra Khanong that lets me do my own repairs, using their tools, when i buy all the parts there - very nice people.... after all, "fixing motorbikes" was part of my profession in my home country (cars too). Here i only lack the tools.... but i do many things in my underground car park too, for example the spray painting. :D

I had only minor issues with the bike in all the kilometers i "did" with it so far - a mysterious "water shyness" which was solved by a new ignition coil, then a similarly mysterious "black spot" in acceleration, always occurring at 5.000 rpm (which is now, with this new exhaust, also gone) and only once i actually broke down - a few weeks ago when there was this horrible flooding on Sukhumvit, the water was deep enough to reach to about the middle of the cylinder, it was then when i got water in the carb and it died right there. HOWEVER after finding a higher spot and draining the carb it was running again :D Got water in the gearbox too that night and had to change the oil the very next day to prevent further damage from that.

Best regards......

Thanh

I did get the exhaust from that shop in Phra Khanong, but i have no idea where THEY got it from. The week before i got it i was thgere and there was another RXZ driver who had the older model, and a new-like exhaust on it - and i wanted to buy the exhaust right off that bike :D However the owner of that shop made a number of phone calls and told me "I may be able to get a new one for you, please come next saturday and if i donm't have it you can still get this used one".

So i went there the next saturday, and he had it there, all three parts :D

The shop is in Phra Khanong, about 500 meters in from Sukhumvit, on the right side. You can see it because theres a number of motorbikes parked somewhat chaotically on the sidewalk. It's a small repair shop, they dont sell new or used bikes at all. The owner is a thai-chinese guy who speaks good english, but nobody else in the shop speaks a word of it.

Best regards.....

Thanh

That's not actually where they fall apart... by "falling apart" i mean the rubber comes off (there are two screws in it which just rip out) and also they alweays start to bend downward, or (specially the passenger ones) become so lose that they don't stay up. Apart from that.... despite being chromed, within days of being bought they start rusting. I have tried to get original Yamaha ones but in vain - cheap aftermarket stuff is all i get, even at Yamaha dealers!

Best regards.....

Thanh

• 4 months later...
not had much luck on the honda side so decided i might just get a 150 raider and not bother with the big bore kit although the KSR's with a kit on would be great fun

Hi, I have a KSR and I changed a lot. Including a 140cc kit from Japan. Great increase in power. Right now I try to make a 186cc engine with the help of a Thai friend from House of Paint (it's a bike shop here in Pattaya). If you like to modify, a KSR is great. Also Kawasaki organises trips and circuit days for it. Check out www.ksrthailand.com (it's Thai, but you can look the pictures :D , same as me :o ). If you would like to know more, just mail me. By the way, I know where to get used engines, but it is in Chonburi and Bangkok.

I have a CBR 150R that I just bought new a couple of months ago. I like it and all but I'd like to get rid of it in exchange for something more offroad like the KSR. I am staying in Pattaya. Do you know a shop where I get the mods and have them installed? As soon I get one, I'd like to bore it up to 180+ cc. Do you know what that would cost along all other mods like exhaust and chip, etc.?

I don't think boring and stroking are the answers. I think it is expensive (31,000 baht for a 20 cc jump from Aseanmoto?) Seriously, I think people should look into the engine swaps from sister models, like the Honda Cr250 dirtbike. It's cheaper to buy a new engine and swap it that fiddle around with the internals on a "maybe it will work" hunch.

I have heard of the bore out for the Honda Phantom but never been able to pin it down. Ran into a tour group on Phantoms one time and the group leader who operates out of Pattaya and owns about 15 of the machines, swore by it. Might have been talking into his hat though.... In any event, if anyone has info on this I would also like to know the details.

• 1 year later...
I know that you can get 190 or so kits for the likes of the Nouvo and the KSR's but can you get them for Honad waves / dreams?

Failing that anyone know where a scrappy is that I can get a cbr 150 engine etc from?

Thanks

Getting back to the original question: does anyone know where bike scrappies are in Bangkok. I am also after an old engine; an NSR150 one. I need the clutch cover and oil pump, but having a whole engine would be useful for spares. Any NSR will do :)

In Pattaya, a friend of mine just had a 150 bore-out on his 5-year old Honda Wave 125 for 1,500 baht. It made a big difference, even though the bike ran just fine before! I belive that larger jets are usually put into the carburator as well.

Thanks

Getting back to the original question: does anyone know where bike scrappies are in Bangkok. I am also after an old engine; an NSR150 one. I need the clutch cover and oil pump, but having a whole engine would be useful for spares. Any NSR will do :)