Copperfield's Show In Bangkok Has Cancelled

BambinA

He will find the name of the accuser soon enough, and with a court order to keep it confidential as it should be. This may not even be a rape case, to have the FBI involved portends other charges. The FBI does not investigate or prosecute rapes, thats not a federal offense.

Whatever the case, the accuser has the right to privacy, its bad enough on the stand with a hostile lawyer in front of a jury, no need to try her in the press even if it is a fraudulent claim. Unfortunately you have to protect the gold diggers in order to protect the truly damaged, its just the way it is.

I think that is all fair enough. But it seems that there is an investigation going on and Copperfield has not yet been charged. Surely both parties should have the right to privacy, at least until charges are confirmed. Copperfield's lawyer makes this point.

I have absolutely no knowledge of how things work in the States. Would someone in the police or judicial system have made some money from tipping off the media in a case like this?

It's ridiculous the accuser can remain anonymous; from the press: fine. But from the accused himself? Seriously, something is broken in the US judicial system, and not in one place.

Yes many things are broken.

I have no idea what the truth is in this case and he may very well have done it. But it is very easy for a woman to cry rape.

Have sex with someone and regret it, or maybe your parents find out or whatever, say that he raped you. Used to happen when a white woman/girl got caught having sex with a black man/boy. She would claim rape to protect her image and standing in the community. Go out with a girl, you both get drunk and have sex. She can claim rape because she was to intoxicated to consent. Why cant the guy claim rape because the woman took advantage of him because he was drunk?

I have seen forms that people have that they have the girl sign before having sex because they are afraid of having their lives ruined by someone claiming rape.

If someone claims rape after concensual sex, you will probably spend every penny you have defending yourself. Your life will pretty much be ruined and even if you are found not guilty, you have no recourse to go after the false accuser or get any of your money back.

If a guy's wife slaps him in the face, nothing happens. If he slaps her in the face, he goes to jail. If a female teacher has sex with a male student, she gets probation, male teacher with a female student? 5-10 years in prison.