Where To Buy Mountain Bike ?

BalthazarBeefheart

I am looking for a reasonably priced bike up to 10,000B - I did look in Big C a while back but all too small. Today I was told to try a shop in Suk Soi 3 when I went down there I was told it had moved to Soi 26 - so I wandered down there on a wild goose chase. I gather there is another by Lumpini but have given up for the day - have a feeling if I go down there they'll be shut for the holiday.

So any info would be greatly appreciated as I am in a hurry to try out the new Sukhumvit cycle path.

Cheers BB

I am looking for a reasonably priced bike up to 10,000B - I did look in Big C a while back but all too small. Today I was told to try a shop in Suk Soi 3 when I went down there I was told it had moved to Soi 26 - so I wandered down there on a wild goose chase. I gather there is another by Lumpini but have given up for the day - have a feeling if I go down there they'll be shut for the holiday.

So any info would be greatly appreciated as I am in a hurry to try out the new Sukhumvit cycle path.

Cheers BB

Muang Thong Tani have a sports show on now (Sports World Expo I think). I saw quite a few mountain bikes there. Probably some good deals available.

Cheers BB

There is a Cannondale shop on Soi Ari off of Soi 26. It is closer to Rama IV than Sukhumvit and is across the street from the tennis courts near the S&P.

Here are a few I copied from postings on another site (no links to outer forums allowed). It was posted by Christopher Byrd.

I bought a bike from World Bike. Nice, good price and they'll send it anywhere in Thailand for you too. They'll also package your bike to send outside the country too.

Cheers

Macx

Probike

Location: 237/2 Ratchadamri Rd, Soi Sarasin, Lumpini, Pathumwan

(A short walk from the Ratchadamri BTS Station - Bikes allowed on BTS Sky Train but not MRT Underground unless fold-able)

Probike is located at the northwestern edge of Lumpini Park, Probike is one of the biggest importers of bicycles (Trek, Klein, Gary Fisher, and others) and bicycle accessories. You'll also find lots of information on biking events and routes here.

Saengthong

Although located out of town, Saengthong bike shop is frequented by both Thai and foreign tourists, and specializes in mountain bikes.

ThaiCannasia

The Cannondale Center (Thaicannasia), Bangkok is centrally located on Sukhumvit Soi 3, near Bamrungrad Hospital. They are the Exclusive Dealer for the full range of Cannondale Bikes, Clothing and Accessories as well as Mavic & ZIPP Wheels, Giro Helmets, the usual range of accessories and much more.

Viwat Bike

The shop, featuring a large variety of bicycles and accessories, is located near the Honda Bangkhen showroom and close to Yaek Lak Sii intersection.

Word Bike

Another large importer (Giant and other brands) that offers a huge selection of bicycles and accessories, odd parts, and many bargains. Service is good.

Peloton (formerly called SpinBike)

(across from the Thong Lor/Sukhumvit 55 and Petchaburi Rd. intersection.

Specializing in high-end road racing bikes, parts, and service.

Siam Bike

Well-rounded bicycle shop that has bikes for all occasions. Ranging from very high-end for pros to low-end for beginners. Some of the bike names they carry are: Colnago, Gary Fisher, BMC, Specialized, Trek, Jamis, and Merida.

Here are a few I copied from postings on another site (no links to outer forums allowed). It was posted by Christopher Byrd.

I bought a bike from World Bike. Nice, good price and they'll send it anywhere in Thailand for you too. They'll also package your bike to send outside the country too.

Cheers

Macx

ThaiCannasia

1. Cycle Sports    Thanon Worachak near Khlong Thom Market  just north of chinatown   

Best Prices, Merida Dealer, Good price on accessories

they have many good bikes under 10000 baht

2. Probike      Thanon Sarasin    adjacent to Lumphini Park

Trek Dealer, Good prices, many accessories

Trek model 3900  around 10000 baht

3. Thai CannAsia      Sukhumvit Soi 3  

I think they have moved to another location, expensive cannondale bikes

they don't have any bikes under 25000 baht

Edited by pampal

Thank you all so much for the information regarding bikes - I finally purchased the Trek 3900 at 10,500 from Probike. They gave me a 15% discount without me asking so the bill with accessories was 9600.

Many thanks for the info.

Enjoy the bike and the cycling

Thank you all so much for the information regarding bikes - I finally purchased the Trek 3900 at 10,500 from Probike. They gave me a 15% discount without me asking so the bill with accessories was 9600.

Good choice, enjoy

Good choice, enjoy

Now you can go to the Bike Hash Bike Hash

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...