Pictures Of Koh Samet

Padkapow Guy

Does anyone have any pic's of Koh samet that they would be willing to post in the thai photo album section?

The only pic's I have found on the web are hotel pic's which do not show the beaches very well. I am planning a trip there @ feb and would like to see some of the area so I can decide where to go.

thanks for any help.

PKG

Brother PG...having just returned from the island, may I suggest going to Sametville...its somewhat of a haul to get there, but worth the extra effort. I had a great bungalow only steps from the beach. Sametville is secluded...no noise, no tourist bullsh** (if thats what you are looking for). Its clean, the food is good and the staff cooperative. Its an excellent place to spend some quiet time there with your significant other.

Before going remember these few things:

1. be wary of hotel agents on the other side of the bay..unscrupulous. Pick a

place and check out lodgings once you get there.

2. take the boat ALL THE WAY to your final destination. Avoid using land taxi..it

will rattle your teeth. Roads are piss poor.

3. Bring plenty of baht. Money exchange is hard to find if at all.

4. Be prepared to pay 350 baht to enter national park. (Falang price) My

companion paid 20 baht.

5. Bring bug spray and sunscreen. I had neither. Ouch.

I had a wonderful time with my Tilac and I hope you do too.

~Sully~

Samet is IMO the best island in the country.

The biggest mistake Thailand could ever make is to build a KFC or McDonalds there.

apparently they are not allowed... something to do with it being a national park... there are also very heavy restrictions on new buildings so I'm told..

when going to Thailand bring large bills, like $100 dollar bills. They are better than twentys dollar bills. And alot easier to exchange

I was just there last week. I got 41.80 baht per us dollar exchanging $100 bills vice 41.00 baht exchanging $20 bills. Of course I went through all this trouble of getting twenty dollar bills here in the US thinking it would be better before getting there. Boy was I wrong.

And also ask the stewardess where they go to exchange their currency, usually they to to the "BlackMarket" ones where you would get a better exchange rate. I did.