Advice on opening eng lang services in isaan

Hi all ,

I will be moving to Thailand in about 3 months, with Thai wife and son. I'm 37 and from the USA, Live UK I have worked mainly in IT but have had some teaching experience ( TEFL , mainly private tuition) We will be living in the isaan area , between Kalasin and Kohn Kaen. I know the area pretty well , having spent time there over the last 10 years etc.

Anyway I would like advice on opening a business in one of these towns. I would like to offer a one-one English tuition service,  as opposed to teaching in a school.

Am I correct in thinking that this would be the correct way of setting up/getting started?

a)Find premises

b)register business/buy business name (in wifes name)

c)ensure sufficient funds in company account

d)obtain letterheaded offer of employment from company

e)leave country/ apply for non-imm B visa

f)if successful apply for work permit

g)if successful start advertising etc

h)go bust...............j/k

Many thanks on any input , this board is a godsend!

Chonabot

:o  :laugh:

Depends on your funds:  To register a business in your wife's name is straight forward, just open shop!

All you need for a non-immigrant "B" visa (essential for a work permit) is a letter from her saying you have employment waiting for you in Thailand, the local Thai consulate in your home country will give you a "B" visa on the strength of that.

That's the easy part!

Remember you are a farang and immigration will want to see evidence that your wife has 2 million baht ( a requirement for one farang work permit) could be tricky if they ask for accounts ect.

If you have the funds to set up a Limited Company ie: 2 million baht, why not put the buisness in your name as you will have more chance of a work permit.

You can get your "B" visa on the strength of a computerised letter of offer of employment no probs, then apply for a work permit through a lawyer,saves time and errors!

Good Luck

Sev

:cool: