Renewal Date Question

Can someone look in their passport and tell me whether the extention dates from the date of application and approval or from the date of expiry of the previous stamp? It may be variable so I will take the average of replies if I get any. Thanks

Can someone look in their passport and tell me whether the extention dates from the date of application and approval or from the date of expiry of the previous stamp? It may be variable so I will take the average of replies if I get any. Thanks

It will be extended from the date of expiry of last extension as mine is.

Renewals have always been from the expiration date of the previous extension. New extensions were from the entry date of current permitted to stay stamp but, without notice, this seems to have been changed recently to the expiration date of original entry so more in line with renewals.

Renewals have always been from the expiration date of the previous extension. New extensions were from the entry date of current permitted to stay stamp but, without notice, this seems to have been changed recently to the expiration date of original entry so more in line with renewals.

Thank you both, in that case I shall go tomorrow. I came in in 2005 in Sept and waited for December before getting the extension and was given from the date of application, later she rang me and asked me to return, and it was changed to Sept. I protested that it was only a nine month extension but no luck, so in 2006 I got another visa let the extension expire and came in Oct. which became the new date. Your news indicates how fickle it can be so now I have to work around Oct. unless I redo the whole thing as in 2006 and when I come back it dates from first entry again! The three month deposit makes less sense though, but I guess that is an initiative to close some scam like a short-term loan.

Thank you both, in that case I shall go tomorrow. I came in in 2005 in Sept and waited for December before getting the extension and was given from the date of application, later she rang me and asked me to return, and it was changed to Sept. I protested that it was only a nine month extension but no luck, so in 2006 I got another visa let the extension expire and came in Oct. which became the new date. Your news indicates how fickle it can be so now I have to work around Oct. unless I redo the whole thing as in 2006 and when I come back it dates from first entry again! The three month deposit makes less sense though, but I guess that is an initiative to close some scam like a short-term loan.

I renewed this morning and found that the employees checking the requirements have been told that on first extention they must now allow the full year from application. I hope that I looked tidy and above-board and all went smoothly but there was a comment, that my bank book was not up-to-date by 3days! but I managed to convince her that it is unlikely that I would have spent the money since. She did however instruct me to "put name" on a new form which I did and while I was filling it out, for want of something to do, noticed that it was an affidavit that, on oath, the person attests that I am still at the address stated, the form was now messed up because I stopped after I had written 'myself' where my name should have been if another person had put their name where she had told me to put mine. It was submitted to the officer with the rest and not referred to again, if it is noticed I expect that they will thow it away, and it may have been thought a good idea because I have been in UK for the summer or to make the process a bit more 'meaty'. Imagine though, if you are getting the 'run around', this form it is not in the listed requirements and should be filled out by a Thai whom you are unlikely to find at Immigration; another wasted visit. They are efficient though; I got there at 0915 was number 16 in the queue and was out by 0950.

There is a personal data form that you/and/or officer have to fill out that is not on the list of documents. Basically it seems to be your current address/data and affirmed by someone (the interviewing officer).

When I received my first extension (Oct 2006) and my new extension (Oct 2007) there was some form all in Thai that the female officer at the back desk in Jomtien Immigrations filled out and both times she asked me if I owned or rented, so I suspect that bit of information is stored on that form, too.

For my first extension, I was a little nervous about signing a form all in Thai, and the woman smirked and said something like: "What, you don't trust me?" I laughed and she did, too. I was uncomfortable, partially because in all the research and question-asking I did in this forum, I didn't recall any mention of the form.