Weather Alert - Flood Warning

Jai Dee

Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Phatthalung are warned of flooding conditions

The Meteorological Department reported at 4 AM today (October 27th) that a low pressure trough still lies across southern Thailand and the Gulf of Thailand. Abundant rain and heavy downpour are likely in the region. People living in disaster-prone areas of Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Phatthalung provinces should beware of flooding conditions.

In addition, a moderate wind and waves of at least two meters in height can be expected in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. All ships should proceed with caution. Cooler temperature and morning fog are expected in northern Thailand due high-pressure areas extending from China.

Bangkok metropolis and vicinity will likely encounter very cloudy skies with scattered rainfall and light fog in the morning. The daily temperature would range from 25 to 32 degrees Celsius. The speed of northeasterly winds would be around 15 to 30 kilometers per hour.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 27 October 2007

I'm prepared for the flooding this year... I have bought a small rubber boat and I am ready to paddle my way around...

Flood Warning... If people have not seen the rivers in NST by now they are to stupid to think about flood... Just a little more rain and we will have ourselves a nice little flood here...

QUESTION

Why is it that the people (Thais and foreigners) always leave it to the last minute to move all their stuff from ground floor to 1st floor? Its not like everyone have lots of time to help when the river decides that the road looks nicer than the muddy banks???

Why not look in the river now and say "My house is over there, one meter below the waterline,,, if it floods, my house will be under water so I should move my stuff up to the 1st floor..."

WHY??? :o

• 2 weeks later...