What Makes You Crave To Go Back To Thailand Most?

kitty

(for those that do not live there)

For me:

Something i cant describe, magical,im drawn to it.

The weather.

Some of the people.

What you can get for your money.

The atmosphere.

The beauty...

The culture

lots more.....

Shame about the flight costs :o:D

I work overseas, infact I work in a country called Azerbaijan.

I love going back to Thailand for several reasons.

1. My wife is Thai

2.My daughter is half Thai.

3. My house is in Thailand.

5. I have nowhere else to go.

I am sure I could come up with a few more reasons but I think this will do for a start. :o

The weather

the easy living

back to basic

the girls, who the ###### made them so desirable

to talk to women you don't know and get an answer and a smile

cheap everything

wake up early and go for a walk on the most beautiful deserted beach

visit all the friends I have for being there only three times and yet have live in my building for 6 years and know two neighbors

how far a smile can get you

getting a wai at the minimart

worst feeling of all, the day before taking that 22 hours plane ride back home, can wait for the next time.

For me:

The weather.

Some of the people.

The atmosphere.

The beauty...

The culture

lots more.....

Shame about the flight costs :o  :D

For me:

Most of the people, the weather, food, beaches.

Not the pollution, corruption, traffic, roads.

Glad about the flight costs - keeps out most of the riff-raff.

I work overseas, infact I work in a country called Azerbaijan.

Are you in Baku? Have an old girlfriend from there....

As to the question of this thread:-

What Makes You Crave To Go Back To Thailand Most?

andy50 said : "all the good times with the bar girls"

I would like to add:

All the good times with the bar girls!!!! :o

For me:

The weather.

Some of the people.

The atmosphere.

The beauty...

The culture

lots more.....

For me:

riff-raff? what do you mean? You are retired and can afford a plane ticket and then chase all of the balloons at the bars? Eat for free every chance you get? Buy a cheap a** house and call yourself a playboy? Sorry guys, I am younger than that, richer than that, and have much, much more respect for this country and it's people than complain how they don't do me right, corruption, and politics. Grow up. I have a nice house here in the Kingdom, a wife that would throw herself in front of a train to save me, a family that (albeit needy) that cares for me. Hey Jacka**es try living a year here saying you don't have any money, see who you impress. Been there done that. My wife was awarded a new house (4,000,000 BHT) because she believed in me. I guess I am the riff-raff? I got the cash, and am young enough not to believe that I have enough, hey but I am close. Get off of your high horses, speak the language. Relax and enjoy.

If you can speak more than one hundred words in Thai and disagree, please respond. Else keep your ignorant mouths closed. :D

For me:

The weather.

Some of the people.

The atmosphere.

The beauty...

The culture

lots more.....

For me:

riff-raff? what do you mean? You are retired and can afford a plane ticket and then chase all of the balloons at the bars? Eat for free every chance you get? Buy a cheap a** house and call yourself a playboy? Sorry guys, I am younger than that, richer than that, and have much, much more respect for this country and it's people than complain how they don't do me right, corruption, and politics. Grow up. I have a nice house here in the Kingdom, a wife that would throw herself in front of a train to save me, a family that (albeit needy) that cares for me. Hey Jacka**es try living a year here saying you don't have any money, see who you impress. Been there done that. My wife was awarded a new house (4,000,000 BHT) because she believed in me. I guess I am the riff-raff? I got the cash, and am young enough not to believe that I have enough, hey but I am close. Get off of your high horses, speak the language. Relax and enjoy.

If you can speak more than one hundred words in Thai and disagree, please respond. Else keep your ignorant mouths closed. :D

riff·raff:

n.

1. People regarded as disreputable or worthless.

2. Rubbish; trash.

If the cap fits....

It’s strange really; I have traveled over quite a large portion of the world and have enjoyed many places.

The first time I landed in Thailand I felt something different.

Not only the usual interest in the women, beaches, food etc, but a deep feeling of belonging.

I expected this feeling to subside on my return to the UK, but it didn’t.

After 3 months I found my self coming back and on arrival I found my self saying "it’s good to be home".

That feeling has never left me and I hope never will.

Now with a Thai wife and home in Thailand it really is HOME. :o:D:D

mushy! I know, but its true.

Edd

It’s strange really; I have traveled over quite a large portion of the world and have enjoyed many places.

The first time I landed in Thailand I felt something different.

Not only the usual interest in the women, beaches, food etc, but a deep feeling of belonging.

I expected this feeling to subside on my return to the UK, but it didn’t.

After 3 months I found my self coming back and on arrival I found my self saying "it’s good to be home".

That feeling has never left me and I hope never will.

Now with a Thai wife and home in Thailand it really is HOME. :D  :D  :wub:

mushy!  I know, but its true.

Edd

I know that feeling..... :o

In 1980, I was living and working in HK...A friend mentioned Chiang Mai, and only said it was a small city in the mountains, and you got there by overnight train....Something 'clicked'.

I'd never had that vibe so strongly before, and it continued to stick. After moving back to California, I decided that I wanted to live in a different culture outside of America...Chiang Mai clicked again, and the fact that it's completely on the other side of the planet from America was a big selling point, too... :D

I moved here cold in 1986. Made a beeline to Chiang Mai, settled in, and have never looked back.

I'd found my home, and I still feel the same way, if not more strongly, almost 20 years later. :D

what nice replies.. :o

i do agree chiang mai definatly has a"home" feel to it.

I also love the fact that there isn't such a frenzy with competing in Thailand, i love how happy people are when they have nothing,it seems the more we have ,the greedier we get and we lose what livings all about.

Thailand reminds me what livings about, not about having "the best" car or the nicest clothes, but about being happy.

When i'm over there i could happily live in a shack on the beach, its glorious to wake up and feel the sand beneath your toes and the sun rising and for nothing else to matter, no more competition, no more looking in the miror and wanting this done or that done, no more stress or feelings of uselessness...

just a happy warm feeling inside. :D

what nice replies.. :D

i do agree chiang mai definatly has a"home" feel to it.

I also love the fact that there isn't such a frenzy with competing in Thailand, i love how happy people are when they have nothing,it seems the more we have ,the greedier we get and we lose what livings all about.

Thailand reminds me what livings about, not about having "the best" car or the nicest clothes, but about being happy.

When i'm over there i could happily live in a shack on the beach, its glorious to wake up and feel the sand beneath your toes and the sun rising and for nothing else to matter, no more competition, no more looking in the miror and wanting this done or that done, no more stress or feelings of uselessness...

just a happy warm feeling inside. :D

Sunbeam Bungalow #15 Baan Tie Beach, Samui

samuihouse1.jpg

5 steps from the water ...I spent almost a year here. :o

L.O.S. Land of smiles.

There is something magical about the place and as Edd says been to a lot of places

There is definitely something different in los otherwise, we would not all be here.

Now would we.

when I lived in san francisco, my life style was: wake up, drive to work, do 9 to 5, drive back home, watch tv, get on internet, then, sleep. the commute to and from work took on average 2 to 3 hours. this was my life in san francisco. my monthly budget for this daily routine was about 2k dollars.

my apartment in san francisco was a 3 bedroom flat in the richmond district. I shared it with 2 other guys. we each paid about 800 bucks a month just for the rent. (this was about 7 years ago.)

in comparison to my above previous lifestyle in san francisco, the following is my current lifestyle here in thailand.

wake up when I wake up, play computer games for a while, go to the gym to workout, hangout at starbucks and read the newspapers, maybe see a movie, take a power nap, go hang out at the lobby to shoot the breeze with friends, look at the girls. go back home to check on the internet, sleep.

my monthly budget for my lifestyle in thailand is about 20k baht, or in us dollars, about 500 bucks.

1/4 the cost, and not having to work.

...a easy decision to make. ...wouldn't you agree?

in another 11 years when I reach age 62, I'll have another 900 bucks coming in per month. sounds like a plan.

ahhhh! ooohhhhh!

life is great! life is grand! ..when you live in thailand.

Frankly, to me, either one of your schedules sounds boring on a daily basis... :D

But, as you clearly expressed, you are happier! There's the proof in the pudding, whether it's on 20,000 a month, or 200,000 amonth....The whole idea is to make one's self happy and content, right? :D

The main reason I like it here is the relative freedom I have here to do my own thing, and not be hassled by anyone. Like, I never sweat the cops when I'm driving like I did the Calif.CHP... Basically every govt official I've ever dealt with in Thailand has been professional with me, and never caused me any problems....I don't do anything really bad I'd say, and I feel much more in control of my life here now. I also get treated well here, and I credit Thailand for teaching me a lot about myself, and a lot more about differing ways of living than I'd known before. I seriously feel this is my home just as much as any Thai. I don't care if nobody else see's it that way. Home is where my Heart is :o

My in-laws. I really like them, very nice people.

Our daughter, she is in collage in Chaing Mai.

The food, even though my wife is a chef by trade and a great cook.

The weather, even though I live in Los Angels and the weather is great here most of the time.

Not working, even though I enjoy my job, but REALLY looking forward to retirement.

The Thai people...nothing like them on earth....

We have a ocean just 2 blocks away, but in Thailand the ocean water is warmer.

Warm rains.

Can't wait to get to LOS this October.