House Of Male, Chiang Mai

Jingthing

I had a post deleted from the Chiang Mai forum with the reason being that I had mentioned the House of Male in passing (in a much more generic post about fun things to do in Chiang Mai), and that mentions of commercial sex venues are not tolerated. We are not allowed to discuss mod practices as that is against the rules, so please don't, but my question here is: do you consider the House of Male gay sauna a commercial sex venue? I don't. Not anymore than the Sansuk gay sauna in Pattaya or Babylon in Bangkok. These are places to meet for consensual, non-commercial encounters, yes?

I was under the impression that the House of Male is a totally non-commercial gay social venue. Is commercial sex massage offered there as I was told by some mods? I don't recall being aware of such an offering, nor is there any mention on their website.

Am I mistaken?

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing, you are correct. No commercial sex there. Violations - such as a customer or employee soliciting payment for sex - are to be reported to management, as is posted around the premises. The actions there are by mutual consent of adults who pay about 130 baht to use all the facilities, which includes the pool, weight room, sauna, restaurant, etc.

Let me just say that the related topic in another forum of ThaiVisa, which Jingthing started, was rudely interrupted by a poster who made a most condemning remark, for which he will be dealt with according to the forum rules (by straight mods and admins!).

Same at Babylon and other places. Consenting adults, no payment for services.

Thanks very much, PB.

I never actually read that offending post, the thread was erased before I could see it.

It did bother me that it was assumed that just because a business is gay, it is automatically a house of prostitution. In Thailand, many or most are, but not all. Of course, some saunas offer these services as well, but not all. Happy that the specific situation about House of Male has been sorted out.

Edited by Jingthing

Mentioning Chiang Mai's newset Gay bar, the Queen Victoria on the Chiang Mai forum also results in sudden death for the thread!

I never knew the place was gay, last time I was there (many months ago admittedly) it was full of loutish UK footbal types, not normally know for their gay friendliness :D However, they're now advertsing on Utopia and Sticky Rice, :o does anyone know if this is real "gayness", or just a cynical desire to exploit gay customers? Gay or not, unless there have been dramatic changes its not a place I'd go back to on account of attrocious service last visit.

I'm assuming the demise of the other threads were related to some other rumour mungering about the place which I won't repeat and have this thread killed too (nothing gay AFAIK though).

As to the house of male, and similar venues, the sex is free, definitely non commercial, but HIV medication can be expensive.....AYOR

Edited by Paagai