Roaches, What To Do?

foolforlove

probably before i moved into my apt, the building sprayed some toxic stuff in the room... but slowly over time (ie 18 months), there have been an increasing number of roaches. especially in the last 5 months or so.

i dont much like sprays or bug bombs, just gets poison everywhere.

can anyone recommend a product --- perhaps a poison bait they would eat? or a trap of some kind?

ive looked at a few stores but the range of product choices had been limited..... any recommendation for a store with a wide selection?

thanks

2 things !

1. clean envioment (no food for them so roaches.... same counts for ants)

2. a cat .... (very very efficient bug hunting engines out there in thailand ...)

well for the scound one .. the roaches still there ... but dead ;-)

probably before i moved into my apt, the building sprayed some toxic stuff in the room... but slowly over time (ie 18 months), there have been an increasing number of roaches. especially in the last 5 months or so.

can anyone recommend a product --- perhaps a poison bait they would eat? or a trap of some kind?

ive looked at a few stores but the range of product choices had been limited..... any recommendation for a store with a wide selection?

thanks

When I lived upcountry I enjoyed shooting the roaches from the walls with a slingshot. A little hard on the wallpaper, but great sport. The I noticed that the Tokay Gekos around the house would eat roaches. I found several large gekos and placed them in strategic loaction with great effect. The only problem was the noise the egkos make all night.

thanks

I found that Softsoap hand wash,the anti-bacterea type kills them within seconds. The room i was staying in had two big ones in the bathroom. I squirted the soap at them as i was little drunk. I was amazed to see them drop like stones. I left them there until the morning just to make sure. They were dead allright.

128Bt from watersons i think.

thanks

We are not troubled by the beasts, but Baygon is used by my factotum, I know this because occasionally one will be found on the kitchen floor in the morning 'feet in the air'. They are probably hiding behind units, in drains, etc. but can't be seen; ok with me! I don't notice any stink of chemicals either and think it is enough to spray so that it settles and makes the surfaces toxic to them. I live in a townhouse so if the neighbours don't spray, they are probably accommodating them which helps to stop them building up a resistance to Baygon I suppose.

The little round bait dispensers work best. The cockroaches eat it up (I find I have to replace every 6 months) and then crawl off somewhere else to die. Since I live in an apartment building, I have to assume that I'll never get rid of them ('cause they can just go live in someone else's room if mine is dangerous for them) so it's a matter of population control rather than extermination.

thanks

If you are still looking for a solution; you could try those sound emitting plugs which you plug into an electrical socket and deter pests. I first saw them in Homepro and thought that they were a not likely to be effective, but later saw them in a Garden-Centre in UK, so they would have to work. I have since heard them discussed by friends, not having the problem I have to wonder if they work; I would be interested to know.