Pickup Trucks In Thailand?

cm-happy

Hi :o

I am from Germany where such measurements are done in "liters per 100 kilometers". However the car ads i am referring to (from the magazines here, as well as that test from the BKK Post) were done in "kilometers per liter".

One particular pickup model that i saw (they were side-by-side in the magazine) is a Toyota Tiger D4D, Automatic, 4WD, Four Door. It's 2.5 version had 14km/l which equals 7.14 l/100km, the 3.0 version got 18 km/l which equals 5.55 l/100 km.

So in this particular case the 3.0 is clearly more economical.

And similar results were shown for a number of pickups identical except their 2.5 or 3.0 engines.

@PeaceBlondie

Do the really still use carbs in the '97 model??? I only know from older forum posts enquiring about the NV that it is a very economic car..... but what do you expect from 1.6 liters displacement? Sure can't guzzle fuel like a 2 liter, almost 2 ton tank like mine Volvo :D Since you are driving one, you must know first hand - how many kilometers you get from a tankful? Umm and how big is the tank? :D (I've read one test that said "this car can drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai AND BACK on one tank".... xixixi my Volvo can, too, once i install a 200 liter tank) :D My Volvo holds 40 liters and i get 250 kilometers Bangkok-city-traffic out of that, or little over 400 kilometers on the way to Chiang Mai (110-130 KM/h). My motorbike, as a comparism, gets pretty exactly 300 kilometers out of 10 liters (i drive rather exactly 300 kilometers every week and i always fill between 9.8 to 10.2 liters every time). But when i, like now, have my boyfriend as passenger all the time (since he works with me now) i only get 250 kilometers out of the same 10 liters.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Not to get sexual, but why is it that we gay men are happy with a cheap little NV, and the macho types have to have the latest, biggest, strongest, 4WD large engine marauder?

Well if ever there was a case of 'Asking the question = answering it' then this gotta be it.

By all means go for the NV (Envy :o) Queen Cab in Raging Metallic Pink if you're gay.

I bet it's always clean and tidy inside as well.. Vacuum the mats on Saturdays.. New bottle of Strawberry Glade from the wholesale box from Makro every week.. Giggle when the gas station attendant talks about lubricants.. Perfect!

Edited by TheEmperorOfTheNorth