The Gourmet's Fast Food

JohnBKKK

Hi,

the first day of our promotion in Phuket has shown a great interest in our Sausages but also in our "Meals in Jars" - anyone .. well most can cook up some pasta or rice or even potatoes -

All you need is either a Microwave (make sure to open the jar) or even better a pot of simmering water, place the Jar (un-opened) into the hot water and leave for 10 MInutes while you cook some rice or pasta - and you are ready to impress your friends or simply treat yourself to a delightful dish of Koenigsber Klopse - Rheinischem Sauerbraten - Vindaloo - Lancashire Hot Pot - Hungarian Goulash - Lentil Stew -and many other dishes cooked to top restaurant standard and in healthy 340G portions

In addition, we are launching a range of sauces -

Curry sauce - use either for German Curry sausage or buysome chicken, cut into cubes and poor the sauce over the chicken, mix well and let marinate for 1 is hour than cook until the meat is done and you have created your very own authentic Chicken curry - you can use Chicken, Shrimp or Fish and for the Vegetarians amoung us, cut up some Egg-Plant and through in some shitake and you have a fantastic verggi curry

Pasta Sauces - Carbonara (made with real cream and not condensed milk) - Bolognese - Pesto - eurogourmet pasta sauce (our own creation with garlic, olives, capers - sun dryed tomatoes -

Other sauces - Hollandaise - Bernaise - Green Pepper Steak sauce (also great with fish)

Gourmet meals in Jars - and the Curry sauce most of them are now available in Phuket and in Bangkok in Villa 33

If you have problems finding them (Villa is not exactly easy to negotiate) just ask the staff

John

We will phase in all of the above over the next 2-3 weeks in Phuket as well in Villa Soi 33 Sukhumvit anbd Villa Thong Low in Bangkok

What are the prices like? Not the usual extortionate prices of anything resembling wetern food i hope.

Hi Zuki, thanks for your interest, NOPE :o - between Baht 78.00 (125G) for the curry sauce to Baht 98.00 to 138.00 (340G portions - should even satisfy the big appetite) depending on the kind of meal and ingredients

John

Are these meals in a jar refrigerated before opening as well? or just after opening?

The food is pasturized so does not really require refrigeration - I take care to include the pasteurization process into the cooking time so that the product is of equal quality / flavor / texture as none pasteurized food - example, Goulash normally is slow cooked for 3 hours - I reduce the cooking time to1 1/2 hours and than finish the Goulash during 1 1/2 hours pasteurization - the result is very tender meat but it does not desintegrate in the sauce already - with lentil stew, I add additional uncooked lentils before pasteurisation to asure that there is still some bite to them - I only choose meals that do well when pasteurized -

Once you have opened the jar the vacuum is gone and you should use the contents witin 2 days and keep it refrigerated

By the way, pasteurization is not comparable to UHT which heats the product to 160C and above - kills all the flavour or changes it dramatically but gives years of shelf life - one example is UHT milk or cream which tastes absolutely awful. pasteurization takes place at 100C for 1 1/2 hours (at sea level) abd does not interfere with the flavour but gives a shelf life of up to 6 months.

hope to have been of assistance

John

so, if some kind soul were willing to post me a jar or two then the refrigeration wouldn't be a problem.....

:o

Not at all ... however when posting really good packaging is highly recommended :D

I have looked at the market very carefully in Thailand and realized that really good food completely prepared and safe is simply not availabe. I do not mean factory produced stuff but food cooked by a chef that tastes like it should. Just to give you an idea about the process - today we made dutch croquettes for a customer - those are roux based croquettes one type with chicken the other vegetarian. I made the actual "filling" yesterday and than it was placed into the cool room in stainless stell containers to firm up. Today we formed and breaded the coquettes and pre deep-fried them. They are now in the freezer room until they are rock hard tomorrow, only than can they be vacuum packaged and send to the customer.

When making Vindaloo, the meat is marinated for 24 hours - I use authentic Indian spices which are pre-fried etc etc .....

And most importantly - I eat my own food and if it is breaded and not hot. so does my daughter who is 12 (guess all teenagers are like that) tried to offer her a sous vide cooked lamb shank, something any gourmet would be extatic about and happily pay over 500.00 B - "naaaa I have the chicken croquettes instead .... " the veggi ones are made with shitake mushrooms and egg plant and she of course wouldn't touch them ... yuk veggies......

John

Well it's quite a trek for me to get there but from what you have writen i will go out of my way to try. Sounds realy good and if they live up to what you have writen then you have found youself one new customer at least.

Will let you know what i think.

Cheers.

Acq.

Well it's quite a trek for me to get there but from what you have writen i will go out of my way to try. Sounds realy good and if they live up to what you have writen then you have found youself one new customer at least.

Will let you know what i think.

Cheers.

Acq.

Hi Acq,

hope you wll and that you enjoy our produce - its not all there yet, but a lot of various sausages and 4 of the ready cooked meals in jars - today, a British lady stated that our Breakfast and Cumberland sausages were better than from a good UK Butcher - hmm what's that on me shoulder ??? :o