How Much Is A Sea View Worth?

Spaniel

If VT7 is built and blocks the sea view of the condos behind it how much of a hit in value do you think the affected units would take? For instance a 5 million bhat condo on a upper floor. Would that then be worth 20% less?

If VT7 is built and blocks the sea view of the condos behind it how much of a hit in value do you think the affected units would take? For instance a 5 million bhat condo on a upper floor. Would that then be worth 20% less?

From what I have seen, it looks like VT7 will be taller than Jomtien Plaza Condotel behind it and therefore will completely block out the seaviews and breezes. In addition, the pictures/drawings I have seen show VT7 being a Y shaped building and not one of the slender I shaped buildings like all their others. Therefore, even more view blockage than the typical slender VTs of the past. I could imagine values in Jomtien Plaza condos falling 30-50%.

The more interesting question is how long it will take the VT folks to spread around enough bakish in order to get their construction going again...height and waterline restrictions be damed...there's money to be make :o

From what I have seen, it looks like VT7 will be taller than Jomtien Plaza Condotel behind it and therefore will completely block out the seaviews and breezes. In addition, the pictures/drawings I have seen show VT7 being a Y shaped building and not one of the slender I shaped buildings like all their others. Therefore, even more view blockage than the typical slender VTs of the past. I could imagine values in Jomtien Plaza condos falling 30-50%.

The more interesting question is how long it will take the VT folks to spread around enough bakish in order to get their construction going again...height and waterline restrictions be damed...there's money to be make :o

A couple of corrections here

Jomtien Plaza Condo - The curved building is accross the road to the South of VT7 and will only be affected a little

Jomtien Complex - The Twin Towers are directly behind VT7 and built at the legal limit of 200+ meters from the sea

Jomtien Complex is 34 stories tall and VT7 27 stories (maybe) so upper floors will not be affected so much. Plus it is the northern tower (away from the road) which will (maybe) be most affected.

At the moment VT7 stands at 4 floors - parking - lobby - and 2 floors of condos

The last floor (roof) is being laid right now and the structure will stay at 4 floors until the courts make their final decision