Buying A Cbr

kash

Thinking of buying myself a CBR, well, its the third year I am considering to buy one and I might actually do it this time :-) Looked at a second hand CBR today, from Chon Buri, had some rust spots, but otherwise looked pretty nice, done 7k, '06 model. Asking price of 45k, is that the going rate - or does anyone know of any shops with second hand cbr's in stock in CM? I do like riding a new bike, never know the history of a second hand, 64k for a '07 model and 67k for a '08, with 1 months delivery time. What should I do? :o

Thanks for any input, and I mean any :-)

I'd be surprised if there are many used CBR's for sale in Chiang Mai, at prices and in the condition you're looking for. If the 2008 model is the same as the six model years that preceded it, there isn't enough difference to wait.

We tend to keep them. If I stay here, I may just run mine until it self destructs, which would be around 150,000 KM maybe.

buy a new one. 66k @ my dealer, looks pretty nice.

i think it would be silly to save 20k baht on a bike with "rust spots" - you never know where she's been!

looking into buying one myself, not going to consider any 2nd hand for 2 reasons: A - not much cheaper and B - ppl don't take care of their rides over here, reckless driving and bad roads make for bad second hand cars/bikes.

looking into buying one myself, not going to consider any 2nd hand for 2 reasons: A - not much cheaper and B - ppl don't take care of their rides over here, reckless driving and bad roads make for bad second hand cars/bikes.

let me know if you do, then we could buy 2 and push'em for some discount bahts :o

Maybe want to wait a little, I hear that the recommended retail price for the CBR150R is to be set at 63,000Bht within a week or 2. You also can look at the Suzuki Raider 150R which is also a a nice 150cc bike with better performance then a CBR150 (Suzuki Raider 150R 54,600Bht)

Or if you are without fear you can also consider a Tiger ST-200 "Boxer" (150cc motorcycle popular with the Bangkok Police), the Tiger ST-200 was, I belief, designed and developed by Aprilia (Tiger ST-200 57,900Bht)

Maybe want to wait a little, I hear that the recommended retail price for the CBR150R is to be set at 63,000Bht within a week or 2. You also can look at the Suzuki Raider 150R which is also a a nice 150cc bike with better performance then a CBR150 (Suzuki Raider 150R 54,600Bht)

Or if you are without fear you can also consider a Tiger ST-200 "Boxer" (150cc motorcycle popular with the Bangkok Police), the Tiger ST-200 was, I belief, designed and developed by Aprilia (Tiger ST-200 57,900Bht)

I got a quote from Honda Thailand that the new 2008 model will retail for 67900. The Tiger is nice, but the CBR has the looks, looks over brain - any day ;-)

I said you need to be fearless, not for the extreme high performance, but more for the somewhat scary service of a Tiger. The bike on its own looks pretty good for the specs, the engine is simple and easy to maintain and to service. For performance the Suzuki Raider 150R takes the first place followed close by the Honda CBR150R and the Tiger ST-200 takes the last place, but the driving comfort of the Tiger, which is a more up-right riding position is for a somewhat larger farang ... much better. Not get me wrong the 200cc Tiger has no problem to keep up with a CBR150

And, I not know about others, but speed over driving comfort I select driving comfort. Speed on a little vibrating bike with engine an engine which needs to hit the high revs to get performance on the road becomes quickly boring. Major downside of Tiger motorcycle is that I belief that they can go bankrupted any moment, in the Thai motorcycle industry Tiger motorcycle has unpaid "overdue" debt by almost everybody...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Yeah CBR all the way, the S. Raider may be a cheaper option but I've yet to see one outrace or outperform a CBR out on the road.

Best thing to do is buy a CBR brand new, keep it, look after it and it'll look after you.

You pay a wee bit more but it's worth it.:o

I'll admit that sporty looks make a difference to me, between the CBR and the Raider. The Raider and the Honda Sonic 125 still look like scooters. The CBR looks like a fully faired sportbike. What's the fuel capacity of a Raider, compared to the CBR's 10 liters?

///Added: I'm not sure that CBR's depreciate a whole lot faster than the competition. Besides, even if it's an extra 3600 baht per year, it's worth the 300 baht per month.