Cat Hinet In Pattaya

genobkk

finaly CAT Hi new will come to my area Na jomitine near the old Sharky restraunt..... price is 2,600 for 2mps down and 800 kps down. a bit ricey but I am so sick of TOT's 100 kps download speend....even after upgradeing to 2mps with TOT I still get 100 to 200 kps in the daytime and maybe at 3 am get 400.........is anyone useing CAT hinet and how is it??? it is worth the price??

finaly CAT Hi new will come to my area Na jomitine near the old Sharky restraunt..... price is 2,600 for 2mps down and 800 kps down. a bit ricey but I am so sick of TOT's 100 kps download speend....even after upgradeing to 2mps with TOT I still get 100 to 200 kps in the daytime and maybe at 3 am get 400.........is anyone useing CAT hinet and how is it??? it is worth the price??

I've been using CAT for nearly two months. When I signed up, they advised me to opt for the 1000 baht package because, as they put it, "Our equipement will support 2 mbps, but the Thai servers rarely hit that level." They said I'd get at least an average of 600 mbps download, and frequently more, depending upon the users on line at any given time.

That advice, and that estimate, have been right on the button. I'm able to get streaming video of NFL games, and movies from various sites. And movement among and within various web sites has been acceptable. It's certainly not the DSL speed that I had in the USA. However, I consider it well worth 1000 baht per month to be able to access virtually anything on the web, with reasonable wait times.

I check my speed every now and then. When it isn't "frozen", which has happened a few times over two months, I've ranged from as low as 490 to as high as 1740. I checked just now, and I'm getting 1644 download from the LA server. More than enough, as I said, for most web content.

I've been using CAT for nearly two months. When I signed up, they advised me to opt for the 1000 baht package because, as they put it, "Our equipement will support 2 mbps, but the Thai servers rarely hit that level." They said I'd get at least an average of 600 mbps download, and frequently more, depending upon the users on line at any given time.

That advice, and that estimate, have been right on the button. I'm able to get streaming video of NFL games, and movies from various sites. And movement among and within various web sites has been acceptable. It's certainly not the DSL speed that I had in the USA. However, I consider it well worth 1000 baht per month to be able to access virtually anything on the web, with reasonable wait times.

I check my speed every now and then. When it isn't "frozen", which has happened a few times over two months, I've ranged from as low as 490 to as high as 1740. I checked just now, and I'm getting 1644 download from the LA server. More than enough, as I said, for most web content.

I have had it for over a year the last few weeks it has been playing up , but it seems back to normal now ,generally it is very reliable if a little over priced , the techs are good and helpful, the tech lady at the office is very nice and speaks good english, the bills can arrive after the due date so keep a note of when its due and make sure you go and pay even if your bill has not come. I would say that no one else should get it from now on because i dont want mine to slow down but im just selfish

Can you give any information on coverage area in Pattaya, installation charges, and wait times for installation. Specifically, do they have coverage on soi nernplubwan (soi muslim). I am in a mooban a hundred or so meters off of Nernplubwan just past the Esso gas station. The B1000 package sounds like a good deal :o

Can you give any information on coverage area in Pattaya, installation charges, and wait times for installation. Specifically, do they have coverage on soi nernplubwan (soi muslim). I am in a mooban a hundred or so meters off of Nernplubwan just past the Esso gas station. The B1000 package sounds like a good deal :o

Jonnie, I also live near the east end of Nernplubwarn. CAT recently set up a relay station in an apartment house close to the 7-11 there. You should have no problem with access. When I signed up, there was a promotion going which voided the installation charges. You'd have to check with the office about the current situation.

Their office is located on Pattaya Tai, just east of the interesection with 3rd Road. It's on the north side of the street. So, it'll be on your right, if you're going down Pattaya Tai from Sukhumvit; or on your left, if you're coming up from 3rd Road.

I did not see a 1,000 THB plan on the paper I was given, just 2 m/800 and 4m/800 an 2m/2m .... 2m/800 2,600, 4m/800 5,000 and 2m/2m is 2.850.....comming the first of the year to NagaWaree Village (my village), Chomtalay Resort, Aqua Marnia, Jomtien Holiday, Tarzan Hut, (I think this place is gone now) Jomtien Chalet, Loong Wai Seafoood.....this comes from the flyer the guys brought to me on Tuesday. nothing about a 1,000 THB plan............my test with tot on speakeasey on San Francisco and LA ws 50 kps......getting 1600 would be like going from dialup to real ADSL

if it works it is worth it, some of us use the internet for work, or like to watch sreaming video,, etc........yes it is crazy to have to pay that much to get a good internatinal bandwith connection, but it is the realith....a goood connection is more important to some then others just like everything else.....Many use VOIP to keep in contact with friends and family , or for work....some maybe just enjoy streaming video or music....at TOT rate I can NOT even get internet radio at a goood quality......some may even use slingbox to watch their home TV.......the fact is in the USA or any western country we could get very goood internet for 1,000 THB per month, but NOT here.

They've just introduced the SDSL (symetrical DSL) and it's only 250 baht more than the ADSL 2Mb/1Mb service. That's 2Mb down and 2Mb up.

A friend of mine has had it for the last month and he never tests under 1700 up or down at any time. I still have the ADSL 2Mb/1Mb service but the difference is certainly worth the extra 250.

yes they offer the high end service there as far as Phatakarn Rd , my understanding according to the tech is that that is as far as it goes and my house is infact the furthest they go , so as long as you are before phatakarn and not more than about 1km from soi NPW you can get it

Jonnie, I also live near the east end of Nernplubwarn. CAT recently set up a relay station in an apartment house close to the 7-11 there. You should have no problem with access. When I signed up, there was a promotion going which voided the installation charges. You'd have to check with the office about the current situation.

Thanks for the info...I will stop by their office to see what prices I can get.

Another question regarding these higher speed connections, if one has a computer with an ethernet adapter rated at 10/100 mbps, do you get the advantage of these higher CAt Hi-net speeds or do you need to have a computer with a giga-bit ethernet adapter, i.e., 1000 mbps adapter?

Another question regarding these higher speed connections, if one has a computer with an ethernet adapter rated at 10/100 mbps, do you get the advantage of these higher CAt Hi-net speeds or do you need to have a computer with a giga-bit ethernet adapter, i.e., 1000 mbps adapter?

Not anytime soon!

Since the fastest internet package you can get seems to be 4 mbps, the slowest ethernet card at 10mbps is still 2.5 times faster then your internet connection. And pretty much all the cards currently used are 100 mbps so this would be 25 times faster then your internet...