Non-o Visa - When To Transfer Money?

I am planning to transfer the THB 400K that is required for my 1yr Non-Imm-O extension, to my Thai bank account before I arrive on my initial 90 Day Non-Imm-O visa.

Does anyone know if the timing of this deposit is likely to create a problem?

I am assuming/hoping that as long as one can prove that the money came from overseas, and that it is in the bank on the day you apply for the 1yr extension, that it should be acceptable....!

You are supporting a Thai wife I assume. You will be expected to use this money and add more during the year so it is best to arrange to be able to do wire transfers by phone before you leave. As money will not be needed until you are here two months or so there is no hurry. But doing it now should not cause any problems if that is what you want.

Thanks Lopburi3.

Yes, I will be supporting my Thai wife and our young son.

I appreciate what you are saying about there being no hurry, and I am already able to arrange money transfers via internet banking. To be honest I am just trying to be greedy and time the transfer of funds to coincide with the most favourable exchange rates - a trick which I invariably fail to pull off...!

Cheers

Rags