Tattoo

Ground Engineer

My wife wants to get a Tattoo on her arm. Ive seen many tattoo shops around Pattaya but I would rather go to one that somebody has recommended as there are no second attempts if it turns out poor. Not bothered about the price just after good quality and safety.

Don't let her do it, everyone will think she is a 'working girl'.

What would your kids think - mummy got a tatoo in Pattaya?

Ex-pat American guy called Darryl is the man to see. He has a shop just off Theprarsit road and his work is unbelievable. My husband is in the middle of getting (another) one done and he'll be doing a rework of my old one. He also does excellent work on women, including my sister-inlaw (custom tiger & cherry blossom design) who won a competition at a tatt show in Australia.

His contact number is 0862357720

A couple of my husbands latest - Day 1

DSC01637.jpg

End of Day 2 - Still 3 or 4 sessions to go :o

20071101_03.jpg

My wife wants to get a Tattoo on her arm. Ive seen many tattoo shops around Pattaya but I would rather go to one that somebody has recommended as there are no second attempts if it turns out poor. Not bothered about the price just after good quality and safety.

down the side of Mike shopping mall there is a row of Artist and tattoo shops. I used one of the tattooists nearer the Beach road end. It was run by a man and a woman (thai) and the woman did a nice job for me.

Sorry I can't remember the name of the place.

I can recommend one in Soi 6. Yes there are other things in Soi 6 than bars!

Walk down Soi 6 from Second road and it is on the left before you get to the Queen Vic.

I, my two daughters and my oldest son have had tattoos done there with no problems.

You can design your own or ammend a design they already have. Very helpfull.

begsaresponse

Get your mind out of the gutter, plenty of thai(s) who have tats and aren't bar girls. :o

Get your mind out of the gutter, plenty of thai(s) who have tats and aren't bar girls. :o

:D yeah, whatever you say.

• 1 year later...
Ex-pat American guy called Darryl is the man to see. He has a shop just off Theprarsit road and his work is unbelievable. My husband is in the middle of getting (another) one done and he'll be doing a rework of my old one. He also does excellent work on women, including my sister-inlaw (custom tiger & cherry blossom design) who won a competition at a tatt show in Australia.

DSC01637.jpg

20071101_03.jpg

Is this guy still tattooing in Pattaya?

If so does anyone know where his shop is?

DSC01637.jpg

20071101_03.jpg

Is this guy still tattooing in Pattaya?

If so does anyone know where his shop is?

Don't know about him but I have just had one done, on a recommend by my friend and I am more than happy. Located on soi bukouw (sic) opposite the blue bar, cannot miss it.

It's funny what seems pleasing to the eye, or what impresses as "too much". I know it's like a fashion

thing for even some good girls to get a little tattoo on the back of their neck (normally concealed by

hair) or on their upper arm or shoulder (also normally concealed with clothing) or even on their ankle

(yes, can possibly conceal with sock). The ones I find aahhh "questionable" for a girl anyway, are those

extremely large designs on the front of the thigh? They do seem to kind of scream "working girl". :o

mate of mine - did a tat on her thigh, cover up a motorbike scar. BTW she isn't a bar girl, so one has to be very careful of jumping to conclusions.

generally speaking, the large designs on the front of the thigh i don't find appealing.

and i don't really care what the girl does for a living. good, bad or ugly.

Don't get me wrong, I've been wanting to get a few tattoos myself and obviously just like the example

you gave about the girl with the scar, there are exceptions. I just get a little sad when I see so many of

the young girls (young enough to be my daughter) getting all this extensive artwork done(perhaps on the

suggestion of others) and yeah it looks cool when your 19, but at 40 it might appear a little trashy. :o

guys can get away with it because we're supposed to look the worse for wear but girls...i'm not sure.

There's 80+ tattooshops in Pattaya, I've visited just about all of them and only 4 of them have the right sterilizers. An oven or dryheat sterilizer isn't allowed in the west and isn't sufficient enough. Only an autoclave is. An autoclave works under high pressure steam.

Most shops advertise photos of work that they downloaded of the net.

They had a meating with townhall relating to the hygiene and were exp[alined some things, after the meating they got a certificate with their name, but nobody actually went to check out the shops.

Being a tattooist myself for 15 years it's shocking how irresponsible some are in Thailand. Well it isn't really :o

There is a Pattaya Tattoo Club and they do regular checks of Tattoo shop re hygiene etc and if the shop isn't doing things right they get a warning and when rechecked they do get shut down if they have not complied.

Edited by aussiechick

Not every shop is a member of the PTC and like I said before, their 'regulations' would NOT be sufficient to get a licence in the west :o

You mention " four " shops who are up to the job. They would be.....................?

Sorry I won't take the responsibility to post the shops. Having an autoclave doesn't mean they're up to the job.

If you go in the shop ask to see the autoclave. It's the same principle as a pressure cooker. If their oven or whatever they claim to be the sterilizer has not water in it, then it's not an autoclave.

If they say that all equipment is single use, check if the tips, grips and tubes (those are the parts that hold the needle in the machine)are in unopened sealable sterilization bags. and that the steam indicator at the back has changed it color. EO gas can also be used to sterilize, but those are to expensive for a tattooshop, so you won't see those being used.

Needles are mostly imported from China and blisterpacked with an co gas stamp on it, but it has been reported that some are in fact not sterilized, so they should also go through the autoclave to be sure.