Something Nice To Look At

JohnBKKK

A fantastic Breakfast or Lunch or Dinner - German Leberkaes with cumin seeds by the Eurogormet

From this:

post-30681-1194006870_thumb.jpg

Make this in a few minutes

post-30681-1194006814_thumb.jpg

All thats required is a frying pan or two

parboil the potatoes in the skin - let them cool and peel - now fry some bacon in a pan, add olive oil and some butter, some coursly chopped onions and fry the potatoes if you happen to have some chicken stock, pour a small amount into the pan (two tablespoons) just before they are finished - makes them nice and moist- in another pan melt a knob of butter (helps the browning) in some olive oil and add the "Leberkaes" - brown it nice and slowly on both sides remove from the pan and quickly fry the egg - sunny side up - assemble as in picture - German Leberkaes with cumin seeds from the Eurogourmet is available at Villa 33 + 55 as of tomorrow in individual packs - the picture above is of a 1KG vacuum pack for our wholesale customers.

A comment, often Leberkaes is called "Meatloaf" in english - it is something totally different and there is no english word for it - its pork cuttered very fine with lots of onions, herbs like in this case cumin seeds and spices -cooked in a bain marie or in steam than removed from the mold and baked for color. Even some Germans get mixed up about this product since the word "Leber" in German means Liver but there is no Liver in Leberkaes - the word Liver derives from the old German word "Laib" meaning a "Laib" of Bread baked in a mold - since Leberkaes is traditionally made in the same shape - Laib - Laibkaes eventually became Leberkaes - why ..... noone really knows

yummy! and nice to know the history of leberkaes. also brings back the memory when i was working in munich in 2003 i always had leberkaes for breakfast but in a sandwich.

i will get one in the villa this coming week when i'm in bangkok :o . thanks for the tips john!

Edited by thai_narak