Gregs New Sunrise Taco Place

PadThaiGuy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunningly bad food experience a few weeks back at the original Sunrise location. The burrito wrapper would have been more enjoyable had it been made from gasket material. Resembling thin leather it's a bad product badly prepared. Management doesn't seem to have allocated funds to buy a slotted spoon to drain the black beans. Or did I mistakenly ask for soup? Actually I wasn't allowed to ask for anything, I was required to fill out a form. On the bright side it was probably the cleanest piece of paper in the shop as two of the twenties in my change had little gobs of grease on them. Neither the sour cream or salsa was anything like authentic. But the chicken did come with a good amount of gristle at no extra charge, so I'd like to thank them for that as well as giving me one less place to consider next time I'm hungry.

I have to admit I have also experienced inconsistencies there but lets get real. They are doing the first California style build your own burrito in Thailand, and sometimes if you are lucky, they are really good!

So has anyone bought the Pattaya franchise yet?

Edited by Jingthing

Greg,

Utilizing your faxed menu and delivery service is no longer an option. I think you need to seriously reconsider how you provide that service.

I ordered from that today and it is the last time I will do so. More than an hour to get here, then the order is half cold and basically wrong or simply (referring to your nachoes) inconsistent and never the same, I can no longer waste my time with it. I'm sure if you go into your location the satisfaction level is quite high, but since I don't have time for that, I guess my Mexican meals will be confined to my US trips until you can get your delivery and order menu act together.

Dr. B

We have delivery 24 hours a day. We now have seven delivery drivers and we do around 35 deliveries a day. We now employ over 40 staff so still training over 50 hours a week. As we are in Thailand, and the language barrier, not sure if we'll ever be as the States but thats my goal.

The good news is we are on the right track as continue to get many of the same customers returning and get groups of Mexicans coming in. Had a group of 16 Mexicans this afternoon having a great time waving a giant Mexican flag while eating and drinking. Still while we grow, were going to have some inconsistant times with delivery or at the store. If it happens, just let me know. I'll make it right.

Can you get food to take away at the Emporium outlet?

Yes until January 4th 2008 when Sunrise and the other restaurants in the Park Food Hall close for two months to do renovations. We then will be a stand alone restaurant and will have our own margaritas at the Emporium. In the meantime we'll have delivery.

I have to admit I have also experienced inconsistencies there but lets get real. They are doing the first California style build your own burrito in Thailand, and sometimes if you are lucky, they are really good!

So has anyone bought the Pattaya franchise yet?

Could of sold it ten times but not close to offering franchising at this point. Around another year away from that point. I do know two different guys who are going to be doing Mexican in Pattaya on their ownwho I told them, we are not ready to franchise yet.

Do you have a very high turnover? I stop in about once every ten days and the staff always seems different.

Most all restaurants have a high turnover but in our case, more than anything its new staff being hired and trained to work with existing staff.

Did you change up the recipe to John's Super Hot Sauce? The cup I was served today was much thicker and had a burnt/barbecue taste to it. I preferred the old recipe.

Yes we did. Most people seem to like the new improved version. ( should not have a barbecue taste though) We also have Red Picante Saunce on the free Salsa Bar that a number of people like.

www.sunrisetacos.com

why would he open in chiang mai when he hasnt even opened at a siam or silom location in bangkok?

Will be opening at the Siam Paragon on December 15th. ( near the grocery store) on the ground floor. If our experience at the USA fair ( at the Siam Paragon a month ago) is any guide, we'll have many Thai customers. We are now around 90% Thai customers on weekends at the Emporium. While at the Soi 12 location, its 80% foreigners.

We will be serving our magariatas at the Siam Paragon as well.'

I was curious too. A whole page full with a flash movie.

A very big mistake when you want the site to be readable for most people.

I would not say this webmaster should work on it some more, better

fire this one and get a new one. :o

In my opinion it is also too 'flashy' especially the banner that keeps changing.

It distracts and keeps pulling your view away from the content.

Scrolling through the menu is a little awkward (sp).

The content is there, just put it in some nice HTML layout with pictures next to the menu items. Your other websites from 'Sunbelt' are so much better.

Can't wait BTW to visit one of your Sunrise Tacos, Mexican food is one of my favourites.

Will have my webguy look into this. Thanks.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Did you change up the recipe to John's Super Hot Sauce? The cup I was served today was much thicker and had a burnt/barbecue taste to it. I preferred the old recipe.

Yes we did. Most people seem to like the new improved version. ( should not have a barbecue taste though) We also have Red Picante Saunce on the free Salsa Bar that a number of people like.

www.sunrisetacos.com

That sucks. I liked the old recipe much better. Is it no longer available?

If its no longer available, which sauce do you think is most similar that I should order?

Edited by TonyLeung

what space are you taking over at Siam Paragon?

Some pizza place, can't remember the name but they are the only pizza place near the checkout counters of the grocery store. Crepes and co has gotten 50% of the space and Sunrise Tacos will have the rest. Room for 15 seats.

which sauce do you think is most similar that I should order

Would reco just heading to the free salsa bar and finding a salsa that you like. If you still miss the Old Johns red hot, let me know and we'll whip up a batch special for you.

www.sunrisetacos.com

After my latest experience at sunrise tacos i have sent Greg the following email, i will wait for his reply.

Hello Greg-

I would just like to tell you about my awful experience at your sunrise taco restaurant.

Myself and a friend went to Times square at around 6.30pm on Friday evening, we walked in to the square where you have a sunbeltasia office and two sunrisetaco shops. We chose to go to the larger of the stores.

We filled out the forms to order the food that we would like to eat, our order was to take away.

We waited around five minutes for a member of staff to actually come and take the forms from us and take our order. Once the member of staff had actually came and done this they then took the forms across the square to the other restaurant as it seems the one we had chosen was not actually cooking food? Very strange indeed.

We then sat and waited for our order, we sat and watched as dish after dish was brought across the square uncovered and served to waiting customers.

After about twenty minutes of waiting I decided to ask a member of staff how long my order was going to take. Mid way conversation the staff members phone rang and he answered it, he then proceeded to swear down the phone in Thai, laughing as he went and walked away, he did not return to finish our conversation.

About five minutes later another member of staff came and asked us if we would like to order, I told them that we had placed our order around twenty or so minutes ago and she asked for our name, as I was telling her this another member of staff walked in the store and distracted her, again, cursing and swearing in Thai she walked away to talk to her college and again did not return.

My friend and I then decided to cross the square and ask the staff in the other store how long our order would be. We were then asked what is your name?….

Okay this is getting very tiresome just to buy a quick bite to eat. We told them the name on the order, they said okay wait five minutes, wow so this was now over thirty minutes wait for a quick take away and they have not even started to prepare our order.

Then the Thai couple who had came and ordered well over twenty minutes after us was given there order, I asked, ‘why did these people receive there order before us when they ordered at least TWENTY MINUTES after us? The answer, whats your name? WOW this is now a joke surely. Are these people being serious? I realy started to think that there was some hidden camera and I was going to be on some candid tv show. It had to be as the whole experience was becoming to surreal.

So we got the order, almost forty minutes after originally placing it, of-course it was not as we had asked, no black beans and sour cream instead of cheese, but hey, we were not going to waste almost another hour to try and rectify the problem. I told a staff member that the Emporium branch had much better service, that was replied with “go there next time then”.

Needless to say. I will not return and I will tell every person I know who mentions your restaurant about my experience.

Yours truly,

A very unhappy customer.

P.S. I made the order extra large, it was advertised as being ½ a kilo in weight, I weighed it on my jewelry scales when I got back to my apartment, it was over 2oz under the supposed weight!

I haven't had an experience as bad as ZukiSuzuki's but it does seem there are unfortunately some staff issues at Sunrise now.

Last time I went, I went to the original Sunrise shop, mainly by force of habit actually, momentarily forgetting the big new place across the road I've been meaning to check out.

Anyway, I went in there and there was a member of staff waiting in front of the counter. I thought this was a bit odd to have her there in front rather than behind the counter but, still, I started to ask her a couple of questions about the food. She practically ignored me and started yacking away to one of the other staff behind the counter in Thai - OK, I realise she probably didn't speak English but then in that case why was she there in such a prominent position greeting every customer as they come in? And where was the usual friendly greeting and instructions on how to fill in the forms, etc? Luckily I've been many times before, but if I was a new customer I wouldn't have had a clue about the form I needed to fill in; no-one so much as said hello as I entered the place (it was empty at the time so it couldn't have been the case that everyone was too busy). The guy who I finally managed to speak to spoke very poor English but I managed to make myself understood, just about.

After sitting there for a few minutes, it seemed that this "meeter and greeter" in front of the counter was actually there waiting to take some nachos over to the other restaurant! What's this all about? There was then a steady stream of food being carried over from one restaurant to the other.... very strange!!!

Should be noted also that the previously spotlessly clean surfaces where the burritos are constructed were spattered everywhere with food and generally seemed much more messy and disorganised. Didn't matter too much, as inevitably if food is being prepared it will inevitably spread around a bit, but it gives you a bit more confidence in a food outlet if you can see that they've taken the time to keep the place clean and tidy.

Food was still up to the usual excellent standards. Just seems like the previous happy, smiling welcome and the smooth, professional feel to the place has been lost a little bit...

Edited by dantilley

Dear ZukiSuzuki

You had sent me a private message and I responded. As you posted the same letter here, I'll respond here as well. I'm very sorry from the bottom of my heart. it is gut wrenching reading something like this. I rather being penniless than have a customer treated like this. It goes against ever fiber of my body.

I work over 100 hours a week training and building up the business. Every Thai owner in the complex and my neighbors have come up to tell me they never have seen someone work as hard as I do. I don't consider it work, I love my work and its very rewarding getting lots of compliments. I'm the one that gets the credit and I'm the one that gets the blame as the owner. Fortunately in a month, I don't get many problems. In your case, this is a big problem that makes me sick.

In this case, even though I was not there I am the one to blame and I'm very sorry.

I did arrive at 8 p.m. Last night as I was catering the golf tournament for Amcham. It was unfortunately I just missed you. I simply don't remember the last Friday night I was not at the restaurant.

The reason for the problems is we are not 100% open yet in the larger restaurant because of construction problems on the front counter. ( We were suppose to open Nov 1st!) When this is open we will make the food in front of the customer and they then can sit down at a table if they so desire. Now I'm training people that were never waiters to be one. Hire waiters you say. I'm advertising but finding no luck with English speaking ones as the beer gardens have created a shortage. When I call other owners they are telling me the same, waiters are a premium which I'm finding out. For the right one, I will start them out at 10,000 Baht per month. The average is 5-6K so you would think they would be lining up at the door. Right now I'm just hiring Thais with poor English to help out at 35 baht per hour. ( much higher than the norm) but even with this higher rate, I get some bad apples. I want to have good service and this is why my labor costs are 20% versus other restaurants I own that are 10-12%.. We were short handed last night because of the catering event and we have a bout of flu with some of the employees. I have a policy if they are sick they cannot work as they are dealing with food. Still no excuse for this behavior from this waiter.

With the new restaurant when it opens, we will have two POS systems and two lines. Now we just have a constant line of food being made at one counter and it does create problems from time to time. When I'm there, I'm on top of any delay by communicating with the customer and waiters. ( Even waiting while training like I did on Thursday and this morning. When I'm not at the restaurant, well sometimes the customer will be treated in a matter that he should never be treated. This is unbelievably bad though. I deserve every criticism for employing someone like this. I've asked for your help in identifying who this was so I can look into this matter.

Let me assure you this behavior will not be tolerated. I'm very sorry it happen to you.

Regards

Greg Lange

The food was good and I've never seen such a big burrito. Had to have Greg wrap it up so I could take about half home for tomorrow!

ZukiSuzuki 2007-11-05 18:39:01

Try Taco Loco at J city next to sala daeng BTS, bigger and tastier than sunrise. :o

ZukiSuzuki

Service aside at Soi 12.

Was wondering if you still felt this way as you had been going to the Emporium branch ?

www.sunrisetacos.com

I haven't had an experience as bad as ZukiSuzuki's but it does seem there are unfortunately some staff issues at Sunrise now.

Last time I went, I went to the original Sunrise shop, mainly by force of habit actually, momentarily forgetting the big new place across the road I've been meaning to check out.

Anyway, I went in there and there was a member of staff waiting in front of the counter. I thought this was a bit odd to have her there in front rather than behind the counter but, still, I started to ask her a couple of questions about the food. She practically ignored me and started yacking away to one of the other staff behind the counter in Thai - OK, I realise she probably didn't speak English but then in that case why was she there in such a prominent position greeting every customer as they come in? And where was the usual friendly greeting and instructions on how to fill in the forms, etc? Luckily I've been many times before, but if I was a new customer I wouldn't have had a clue about the form I needed to fill in; no-one so much as said hello as I entered the place (it was empty at the time so it couldn't have been the case that everyone was too busy). The guy who I finally managed to speak to spoke very poor English but I managed to make myself understood, just about.

After sitting there for a few minutes, it seemed that this "meeter and greeter" in front of the counter was actually there waiting to take some nachos over to the other restaurant! What's this all about? There was then a steady stream of food being carried over from one restaurant to the other.... very strange!!!

Should be noted also that the previously spotlessly clean surfaces where the burritos are constructed were spattered everywhere with food and generally seemed much more messy and disorganised. Didn't matter too much, as inevitably if food is being prepared it will inevitably spread around a bit, but it gives you a bit more confidence in a food outlet if you can see that they've taken the time to keep the place clean and tidy.

Food was still up to the usual excellent standards. Just seems like the previous happy, smiling welcome and the smooth, professional feel to the place has been lost a little bit...

Sorry they didn't say Hi. We have had lots of training but it still has not sunk in with all the staff to say Hi

We are non stop busy at the new restaurant and one counter at the old location is taking care of both of the restaurants and why the toppings are splattered while being put on the food and food having to be carried. With two counters, it will be back to normal soon. When will it be when the construction will be finished... I hope in a week. Then Thank God, I don't need waiters anymore at the new restaurant! I can't wait for that to happen.

Greg lange

www.sunrisetacos.com

Sorry they didn't say Hi. We have had lots of training but it still has not sunk in with all the staff to say Hi

We are non stop busy at the new restaurant and one counter at the old location is taking care of both of the restaurants and why the toppings are splattered while being put on the food and food having to be carried. With two counters, it will be back to normal soon. When will it be when the construction will be finished... I hope in a week. Then Thank God, I don't need waiters anymore at the new restaurant! I can't wait for that to happen.

Greg lange

www.sunrisetacos.com

Sounds good - I hope to be back in a week to check out the new place then! Hopefully the counter being finished will go a long way to ironing out these kinks.

By the way, been meaning to ask, what is your delivery area these days? Do you go as far as the Ari area, just off Pahon Yothin Road, 2 BTS stops beyond Victory Monument? And also do you go to the Thaniya / Patpong end of Surawong Road? If so, is there a minimum order size and/or extra delivery charge for going to these areas?

Cheers.

Is this a permanent advertisement spot for a particular fast-food joint? It is getting a bit old now..........

Not quite sure what you mean there as there are many reports, both negative and positive, in this and any of the other threads about Sunrise Tacos on the board. The title of this thread is "Gregs New Sunrise Tacos Place". With that in mind, do you not expect that it might be focusing on one restaurant more than any other?

Is this a permanent advertisement spot for a particular fast-food joint? It is getting a bit old now..........

Not quite sure what you mean there as there are many reports, both negative and positive, in this and any of the other threads about Sunrise Tacos on the board. The title of this thread is "Gregs New Sunrise Tacos Place". With that in mind, do you not expect that it might be focusing on one restaurant more than any other?

Yes, that is what I expect and is my point. I could create a post for many fast food joints.........but I don't do that precisely because I think it would not really be appropriate, so I tend to talk in generalities (e.g., "nobody has made Mexican food in Thailand.........blah, blah, blah").

No problem...........we can continue to focus on Greg and his place. Good luck to all!

Sounds good - I hope to be back in a week to check out the new place then! Hopefully the counter being finished will go a long way to ironing out these kinks.

By the way, been meaning to ask, what is your delivery area these days? Do you go as far as the Ari area, just off Pahon Yothin Road, 2 BTS stops beyond Victory Monument? And also do you go to the Thaniya / Patpong end of Surawong Road? If so, is there a minimum order size and/or extra delivery charge for going to these areas?

Cheers.

Hope to see you soon.

Delivery is 24 hours. Mininum order is 200 Baht. Delivery ranges from 30 Baht to 200 Baht. To Ari it would be 150 Baht. To Silom it would be 60 baht.

As the main sponsor of Thaivisa.com since 2002, I could easily enforce the no negativity towards a sponsor and just allow positive posts. I however like hearing both sides. In fact, I ask for constructive criticism and why I'm giving 10% of the profits to a Thaivisa party for readers views.

The one post last night, did not feel good at all. I've investigated it and continuing to do so to see what really did happen. I did find it strange he stated a competitors food was bigger and tastier but he continues to go to Sunrise.

Negativity hurts but if its true, then we'll get better from it. We continue to set new records for sales evey week and are now serving 250- 400 people every day at the Sukhumvit Soi 12 branch. More people means more positive reviews and some negative ones as well.

Pick any restaurant in the world even the most popular such as Joe T. Garcia restaurant in Dallas and you'll find a 7-3 positive to negative ratio. http://search.cityguide.aol.com/dallas/res...67/reviewsprint

No one seems to ever get a 100% positive review. You have to take the posts in fun as sometimes its someone thats a competitor, sometimes it is someone that has an axe to grind. Thats why it's a forum and all viewpoints needed to be looked at.

In all honesty, some changes have been made because of some feedback on Thaivisa.com and we are better. Its the little things that you sometimes overlook.

I do think its funny that you didn't say anything about any negative post but when someone sticks up for Sunrise you say its a advertisement and should not be allowed. :o

Greg Lange

Sunrise Tacos

www.sunrisetacos.com

I had a burrito at your new shop at the soi 12 location yesterday and overall it was very tasty, I love the filling. The only improvement I think you could make to the recipe would be to soften up the tortilla a bit, it was slightly too tough. Although on the positive side there wasn’t any problems with it falling apart in your hands like in some places. The service was good as well and every time I have been I haven’t had a problem in that department. I am not American so I dont know what the standard of mexican food is like over there but for me Sunrise is by far the best mexican food I have had.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by madjbs

Cheers.

Hope to see you soon.

Delivery is 24 hours. Mininum order is 200 Baht. Delivery ranges from 30 Baht to 200 Baht. To Ari it would be 150 Baht. To Silom it would be 60 baht.

As the main sponsor of Thaivisa.com since 2002, I could easily enforce the no negativity towards a sponsor and just allow positive posts. I however like hearing both sides. In fact, I ask for constructive criticism and why I'm giving 10% of the profits to a Thaivisa party for readers views.

The one post last night, did not feel good at all. I've investigated it and continuing to do so to see what really did happen. I did find it strange he stated a competitors food was bigger and tastier but he continues to go to Sunrise.

Negativity hurts but if its true, then we'll get better from it. We continue to set new records for sales evey week and are now serving 250- 400 people every day at the Sukhumvit Soi 12 branch. More people means more positive reviews and some negative ones as well.

Pick any restaurant in the world even the most popular such as Joe T. Garcia restaurant in Dallas and you'll find a 7-3 positive to negative ratio. http://search.cityguide.aol.com/dallas/res...67/reviewsprint

No one seems to ever get a 100% positive review. You have to take the posts in fun as sometimes its someone thats a competitor, sometimes it is someone that has an axe to grind. Thats why it's a forum and all viewpoints needed to be looked at.

In all honesty, some changes have been made because of some feedback on Thaivisa.com and we are better. Its the little things that you sometimes overlook.

I do think its funny that you didn't say anything about any negative post but when someone sticks up for Sunrise you say its a advertisement and should not be allowed. :o

Greg Lange

Sunrise Tacos

www.sunrisetacos.com

Actually, the negative post was something I ignored in order not to repeat it (showing a bit of respect). You missed that and just misinterpreted my post. In addition, I never said that advertising should not be allowed. My point is that all of us could post similar threads for a huge number of fast foot places. We do not do that for an obvious reason. I understand your place is new......great......good luck with it.

'Hope nobody minds but I posted this yesterday under the other Mexican food topic about "Where to find..."

I just went to the Sunrise Tacos last night on my annual Visa extension trip to BKK. I was greeted at the door by Greg himself and we had a chat in between his running around helping/training the staff. Greg's cuisine has been inspired by the Chipotle Grill chain in the USA which I would describe as 'light' Cal-Mex food... Chipotle Grill now has 670 locations so this formula has proved very popular and successful in the USA.

If you base REAL Mexican food on East LA, Mission SF or Salinas area, or Texas, then this is not it. However, as Khun Greg has a client base consisting of Americans resident in Thailand, tourists from all countries including those who have never tasted REAL Mexican food, and the local Thai community, he has come up with a pretty good compromise. And even in Mex-American communities in the USA the TacoBell formula is quite popular.

All in all, the grilled Carnitas burrito with black beans and guacamole was a nice treat... when I travel each year to the USA I visit the REAL places in TX or CA as much as I can and get it out my system... nothing beats Mexican cuisine made with REAL lard!

BTW Tex-Mex cuisine originated in the early 1700's when Spain brought residents of the Canary Islands to settle in what is now SanAntonio and their cuisine blended blended with the indigenous Mexican cuisine.

I'd cast a vote here for giving Sunrise a chance to work through its growing pains. The food is really good Mexican for Thailand, and I'm sure things will settle down soon. Greg seems very committed to maintaining a quality business, and that's a good sign for the future. It's also nice to hear the menu is broadening a bit... including the fish tacos...

Does that mean one can order fish burritos also???

More broadly, I'm happy if anyone is BKK is serving good Mexican food. But, after sampling Taco Loco on Silom the other day for the first time, I was pretty disappointed with the offerings there. The owners were really nice, but the food was really weak in flavor and small in quantity.

Here was my review in a separate post:

Made my first optimistic visit today to the Taco Loco shop on Silom Road near Saladaeng BTS station. The owners there, who hail from my former home in California, seem like great guys and were very friendly and helpful.

But, must say, as a Mexican food lover who's eaten everything offered anywhere in Southern California (and elsewhere) for my whole life, the food at Taco Loco was something of a disappointment, even starting out with the clear understanding that this is Thailand and Mexican food isn't native here.

After sampling Taco Loco's 89 baht burrito, 89 baht "macho nachos," and a 55 baht side order of chips and salsa, my judgement is the food at Taco Loco, while certainly cheaper in price per item, doesn't even come close to matching the pretty good offerings at Sunrise Tacos or Charlie Browns, both of which I've given reasonably favorable reviews in other posts here lately.

To anyone familiar with California, Taco Loco is easy to spot along Silom Road because they've pretty much appropriated the logo of a familiar Mexican fast food chain from Cali, Del Taco, and made it their own with a few modifications. But, whereas Del Taco Mexican actually can be pretty good and cheap fast food (such as they use freshly grated cheddar cheese, unlike Taco Bell), Taco Loco's offerings made me long for a Del Taco burrito. And that's not a good sign.

For me, it certainly was a bad omen when my "macho nachos" arrived in a pretty tiny square paper box, and the only cheese to be found was a small drizzling of what looked like melted Velveeta cheese spread, along with very thin, limp shavings of what appeared to be lettuce. When I asked about the cheese upon leaving, the owners told me they'd started out using real shredded cheese at the beginning, but said they were asked by customers to switch to a pre-prepared nacho cheese sauce from home. In any event, the taste and texture were non-existant. To their credit, the guys offered to use real shredded cheddar next time, upon request.

The Taco Loco burrito, medium sized and certainly smaller and lighter than the more expensive 120-130 baht offerings at Sunrise Tacos, arrived absolutely plain in a plastic basket. While they did include frijoles on the inside of the burritos, as well as on the top of the nachos, both left an overall bland, pretty tasteless impression. If Mexican food is good, you can taste the different elements inside--onions, beans, cheese, chiles, etc. and they all blend together into something good. Here, everything blended into pretty much nothing, and it was hard to distinguish the taste of anything particular.

I went to Taco Loco feeling hungry and ready to eat, suffering that pang from home for Mexican food. But after spending close to 300 baht (almost $10 U.S.) on the three menu items and an included soft drink, I went home still feeling hungry and unsatisfied, and seriously considered making a side trip to Sunrise Tacos on the way home for something better. Instead, I settled for a very tasty roast beef sandwich from the Bangkok Baking Co. from my frig, since I'd already spent money for the day.

If I'm still hankering for an entire roast beef sandwich after a full meal at Taco Loco, it's a pretty clear sign something is seriously missing there...starting with the taste.

--John.

I had a burrito at your new shop at the soi 12 location yesterday and overall it was very tasty, I love the filling. The only improvement I think you could make to the recipe would be to soften up the tortilla a bit, it was slightly too tough. Although on the positive side there wasn’t any problems with it falling apart in your hands like in some places. The service was good as well and every time I have been I haven’t had a problem in that department. I am not American so I dont know what the standard of mexican food is like over there but for me Sunrise is by far the best mexican food I have had.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

We make our own flour tortillas ( corn tortillas as well) and with this comes freshness and no preservatives but on the downside you can get inconsistencies because of the cook not taking in account the humidity of the day and how much water is needed. If you know Asians you know how its hard to break what is written in a book as its the gospel. Depending on the humidity of the day, they could on some days have water left over thats not even needed. Too most employees, they feel they then did something wrong.

With making homemade tortillas you need to vary the water with the climate and use logic, this is a obstacle that I'm overcoming. The freshness still makes the tortilla the bomb even if they used all the water the recipe called for but the Tortilla maker is getting better, feeling the difference in the dough.

Thanks again for your postive points.

www.sunrisetacos.com