Shipping Half Cubic Meter To N. America

For years, while residing in Thailand, I've endeavored to do moderate-scale exporting. I can find distributors overseas, and instill a genuine enthusiasm in the products on offer, but there's always the big stickler: high shipping costs.

I don't have sufficient seed money, nor are the items large enough to warrant a half (or full sized) container. Express Air shipipng is prohibitively expensive. It's actually cheaper for me to pack two suitcases with items, and do a return flight to the destination, than it is to ship the items themselves! and they're not heavy items - not barbells.

P.O. Airmail is only slightly cheaper than Express Air (Fed-Ex, UPS, EMS etc). P.O. by sea is only a bit expensive but there's a 7 to 9 week lag time, and everything sent by P.O. is subject to getting stolen (or as they might say; 'misplaced').

If someone in Chiang Mai / northernmost Thailand ships to N.America (or Europe) - perhaps I could share costs by adding a relatively small crate - about half square meter - to the shipment. The weight would be several kilos. We could work out details. Am open to suggestions.

p.s. my products are drum sticks made from bundled bamboo.

Edited by brahmburgers