What Turns Your Urine Purple?

nautilus

choking your monkey until the last minute,then quickly releasing and peeing at the same time turns your urine purple.

or try drinking metholated spirits.

buy why do you want purple urine.

i find the yellow variety works just fine....and i dont get strange stares when urinating with the dogs late at night in the local park.

I guess i was asking for this. I should have know better.....Why do I bother....I was referring to the piss tests at the O Bar.

We are trying to make light of the situation I don't know the answer but if they are testing for something maybe drugs? :o

can anyone provide a list of substances that turn your urine purple. What are they testing for. I dont see how it can be accurate with all substances but only a small group of them
  • khao mun gai
  • som tum
  • khao ka moo
  • pala
  • tung yum kung

there are still quite a few but can't remember. it was years ago me doing researchs in Chulalongkorn University inventing those testers which the MIBs now are using on night venues such as the Q bar etc.....

I seem to recall a bar in the PI was made off-limits for GIs because of one drink served there that contained opium. I seem to remember it turning urine purple, too, but it could have been other ingredients in the drink, and not the opium. Being a good troop, I never sampled it to have personal experience.

And there is Purple Urine Bag Syndrome (PUBS) - really! Check Google.

Amphetamines are being tested-for. Pee into a bottle and the result turns purple if you have any yaa-baa inside you.

(See my earlier posting for the Phuket variant)

I'm not sure but I heard that slipping 1000 baht to the officer who is testing you can make him go color blind.

Seriously, you don't need to know cos its not worth the risk.

And on another note beetroot will turn your poo red, as will shaving your bum with a switchblade.

Logically, they would have been testing for drugs. Amphetamines of any sorts would show up. Maybe its a new piss test kit they are trying.

Even thinking maybe if it was a new test for coke or E's, they would both more than likely be cut with some sort of amphetamine, so the old piss test would work anyway. Like if your drink drive in England they don't care if you were drinking whiskey or wine, they will still process you.

So just to re cap it, we're no further on really are we?

The tast used by the Thai poice is showing yaba exctasy and some other 'normal' drugs. This test kit is not detecting some more fashionable and designer drugs...

So guys, there is still a way to party without being detected.

An no, I am not doing drugs and I am not advocating the use of. Just facts.

I think there is some condition (the mad King George had it) which turns your urine blue or purple- called porphyriasis or something like that? But I'm no expert.

"Steven"

See my earlier post.

Use Google.

Read this :

Case report: Purple urine bag syndrome.

Ribeiro JP, Marcelino P, Marum S, Fernandes AP, Grilo A.

Director, Intensive Care Unit, Curry Cabral Hospital, Lisbon, Portugal. [email protected]

Purple urine bag syndrome (PUBS) was first reported in 1978. PUBS is rare, occurs predominantly in constipated women, chronically catheterized and associated with some bacterial urinary infections that produce sulphatase/phosphatase. The etiology is due to indigo (blue) and indirubin (red) or to their mixture that becomes purple. A chain reaction begins in the gastrointestinal tract with tryptophan as described in the article.

PMID: 15153241 [PubMed - in process]