{set} Stock Holders/company Info On Set

Good Day:

I have been asked this question and I am actually curious to know too.

People who have bought stocks in a publicly traded company on the stock market in Thailand have registered their names for their stocks purchased.

As I am set to believe is that this information is common public knowledge. My friend and me would like to know how to get information concerning a publicly traded company. Is it free or do we have to purchase it?

We are generally interested in a certain Hopital in Thailand that is traded on the market and always seems to be moving forward in expansion.

What we would like to get as in information would be;

1. All of the companies publicly traded information on the [sET} Number of shares in volume ect.

2. Number of stock holders and contact information for all the investors. eg; email addresses ect ( Research )

Since this is common information of open public knowledge I really would like to know and would appreciate the secret on how to get it.

Thank you

Uncle Tom

hi.

for start you can try out the Stock Exchange of Thialand's (SET) page: www. set.or.th, they have English language option.

under the company profiles, you van searh your company, and get the info you need about number of stocks, board of directors, major shareholders, financhial statement, etc.

"2. Number of stock holders and contact information for all the investors. eg; email addresses ect ( Research )"

sorry, this point is above me. what do you really want here? email address of shareholders?? :o

or you mean the company's address and contact? if this you have on the net.

Thank you Ting Tong.

Quote:

sorry, this point is above me. what do you really want here? email address of shareholders??

or you mean the company's address and contact? if this you have on the net.

Yes I want contact the information for the shareholders and not just the major shareholders but the majority of all of them. This could go into the thousands of contacts for sure, but it is want I want to see and have.

So far I can see only the major shareholders are the ones mentioned.

An email contact would be just fine for all of them, but how would I go about to get this information? I know it is public knowledge that can be obtained but how? From a broker with payment from me?

Anyone that can advise me would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Thailand Securities Depository Co Ltd (www.tsd.co.th) maintain shareholder registers for SET quoted companies.

I am not sure whether the shareholders register is public information or not in Thailand. I suggest you contact them and ask.

i doubt the all shareholder's name would be public on the net, with a reason. why it would be? why it would be someone's interest if you own 100 shares.

anyway, email addresses you wont get to these people. why? two reason to start:

1. TSD doent have that info, the broker has. ( they have mailing address)

2. any of the above would give out this info for a 3rd party, they probably would face to a lawsuit.

my example: what would you do with this emails? send spam? send unwanted mails? sorry to tell, for these I would sue the broker and you. and most probably some others would do the same. these are personal infos, just as banks.

why you can see major shareholder, 'cos there is a rule then above certain % of ownership they have to disclose buy/sell of shares. same apply for "insiders".

i doubt the all shareholder's name would be public on the net, with a reason. why it would be? why it would be someone's interest if you own 100 shares.

anyway, email addresses you wont get to these people. why? two reason to start:

1. TSD doent have that info, the broker has. ( they have mailing address)

2. any of the above would give out this info for a 3rd party, they probably would face to a lawsuit.

my example: what would you do with this emails? send spam? send unwanted mails? sorry to tell, for these I would sue the broker and you. and most probably some others would do the same. these are personal infos, just as banks.

why you can see major shareholder, 'cos there is a rule then above certain % of ownership they have to disclose buy/sell of shares. same apply for "insiders".

I agree.

I just can't think of the fact that people, buying stocks (at the SET), are listed. That would be virtually impossible as stock buyers are settled worldwide, not just in Thailand, and buy & sell, go in and out of the stock market, directly or indirectly (via stock brokers).

A different matter, as explained above, are 'major' shareholders above a certain percentage. Those investors are known and is a worldwide rule, set by the various stock markets.

Laopo

a question to the 2 tv members who felt the need to try and guide the op in the direction of settrade and tsd to help in the quest to find private confidential info on individual investors

would you like your broker or the set to divuldge your private details for public knowldege?

the op will find out by himself that thai brokers are not in the business of selling their private clients details and neither for that matter are the set and its subsid. tsd.

Edited by Hampstead

a question to the 2 tv members who felt the need to try and guide the op in the direction of settrade and tsd to help in the quest to find private confidential info on individual investors

would you like your broker or the set to divuldge your private details for public knowldege?

the op will find out by himself that thai brokers are not in the business of selling their private clients details and neither for that matter are the set and its subsid. tsd.

Under UK law, all limited companies, whether quoted on the stock exchange or not, must file a copy of their shareholders register with Companies House and this information is publically available to anyone who wishes to obtain it. It seems entirely reasonable to me that anyone dealing with a company should be able to know who owes that company.

My reply was that the OP needs to establish whether in Thailand this information is publically available as it is, for example, in the UK or, as you indicate in your reply, confidential.

Under UK law, all limited companies, whether quoted on the stock exchange or not, must file a copy of their shareholders register with Companies House and this information is publically available to anyone who wishes to obtain it. It seems entirely reasonable to me that anyone dealing with a company should be able to know who owes that company.

My reply was that the OP needs to establish whether in Thailand this information is publically available as it is, for example, in the UK or, as you indicate in your reply, confidential.

i am aware and read many a story of companies house in the uk and the way that tele sales and marketeers have abused the liberal system in the uk to obtain investor lists of shareholders and then try to pitch these people many of whom are of older age and have kept these shares for years, some have these shares as their only savings and then they receive countless moronic phone calls by scams or sleazy sales people.

thank god, thailand doesnt have such a moronic liberal law to allow all minority shareholders details to be purchased for next to nothing as investor lists to be sold off

if you want to help the op in such away of buying investor lists of thai stock holders.

then why dont you round up all of your friends details in thailand, like their mobile numbers, emails and roughly their asset values and sell them to the op for a nice round figure. if you lose all your friends over the coming months you will know why!!!

or you can just tell people who are looking to buy private details to sell or scam to pi#$ off.

Edited by Hampstead

Thank you lannarbirth, tingtong, and jbaldwin.

I have been a member of Thai visa for a couple years now. ( Member #15,848 / Dec, 1,2005).

Prior to that I would tune in periodically and look to see what is going on but there was this one day that someone needed some information for their question which I so happened to have an answer for, so I joined. I do not make this a habitual habit for lack of something to do so also as to appease my own psyche.

I have sought information from this site too for I have come to recognize and appreciate the knowledge that SOME of the members have to give. Usually these are the older members that give unbiased true based answers without batting an eye or feeling the need to strike out at anyone because of their own disenchantment with some ones posed question or answer given.

Yes I do believe that if you play with the market and by stocks (no matter what country) long term then it should be common knowledge to the general public for who bought them of that PARTICULAR PUBLIC TRADED COMAPNY. There should be nothing to hide and if you did want to mask your personal ownership and identity then you should follow through further to perhaps hide it through an alternative means as in maybe your own offshore company that purchased them or some other sort of means as of the same.

I don't pose or pretend to be a professional in this field for surely I am not, and I could say that I am not of any sort of dubious character and I could keep on saying this until some people became blue in the face from their disbelief.

Fact is there is no criminal or any what so ever dishonest intent in my wanting to find out the information for my questions asked, and further more, if people are stupid enough to be duped and taken from some ones smile, tap dance, solicitation and false charm, then quite possibly they should have never been in the arena or in the game to begin with.

Excuse me, would you hold my wallet for me please while I bend over to pick up the bar of soap?

As for the personal contact details of investors/stock holders, this information of contact should have to be divulged and listed, and there should be no harm in contacting them for they should be wise enough to see through and not answer, or answer the correspondence sent them at their own discretion. I never answer anything I don't trust. I would draw the stupidity line at people actually giving their home address as their contact address, for if they did then why not just leave the door open for who ever might come by.. This is a safety issue…

Yes I remember the old infamous boiler room in Bkk and had even met a few of them when I was out on the town having a drink in the local BKK watering holes. They were certainly out of line and of crap character, but we all need to be wise and watch our guard unless you don't care about losing your money. hel_l a bar girl could take you for more and you wouldn't even bat an eye at it because you were so happy just to have a real female sitting next to you for the first time in your life, so buying her the buffalo, house, car didn't matter to you for it was of another circumstance...... Not all people are dubious.

Ok I got off track..

My reasons are genuine and honest and I thank the senior older members for the help.

Best regards

Uncletom