Is There Another Way...

It looks that everything here needs to be done the hard way. Ok, for the financial document for non-immigrant visa type "O", you should have 400000 K in Thai bank. That is cool, no problem, but here is the issue with the immigration office. The money has to be transfered from your country into your own account here in Thailand and show them evidence for the transfers. Great, how can I transfer money here in Thailand, since I've never been here before. Here is my case, I transfered the money from overseas to my wife account here in Thailand. For my best of luck :o , the bank she used for her personal account is Bangkok bank. So those smart people in BKK bank are telling me that she can not add my name to the account and the only solution for me is to open myself a new account. So now I have to transfer all my money back overseas into my friend's account so he can transfer them back into my new account. Is there any other way around, we will see. For me as a logical person, is to show the immigration two documents, one which shows the transfers from overseas to her account and one for the transfer of the money from her account into my new account, since she can not add my name to the account- I hope there will be more logical people around this country :D

Thanks

I can only surmise that you did not read much here. Advise is always to transfer money into your or a joint account and to do so when here. Not hard if you set up a wire transfer agreement with your home bank.

Any money into "her" account will likely be considered a gift and therefore could not be used to prove you have money to support her for the upcoming year.

And do try to keep cool, even when hot.

:o

this is a really good point that you have made and i would love to know the answer. i have the same problem with regards to the purchase of a condo.

however i will eventually have this problem with regards to the fact that my money is in my thai bank account which came via my father in law in thailand's bank account

anyone had a similar experience and what can we all do

by the way how old are you? the reason i ask is why would anyone want a non imm visa to just stay in thailand. you must want to work and that would mean a work permit rather than worry about having the money in the bank

It looks that everything here needs to be done the hard way. Ok, for the financial document for non-immigrant visa type "O", you should have 400000 K in Thai bank. That is cool, no problem, but here is the issue with the immigration office. The money has to be transfered from your country into your own account here in Thailand and show them evidence for the transfers. Great, how can I transfer money here in Thailand, since I've never been here before. Here is my case, I transfered the money from overseas to my wife account here in Thailand. For my best of luck  :o , the bank she used for her personal account is Bangkok bank. So those smart people in BKK bank are telling me that she can not add my name to the account and the only solution for me is to open myself a new account. So now I have to transfer all my money back overseas into my friend's account so he can transfer them back into my new account. Is there any other way around, we will see. For me as a logical person, is to show the immigration two documents, one which shows the transfers from overseas to her account and one for the transfer of the money from her account into my new account, since she can not add my name to the account- I hope there will be more logical people around this country  :D

Thanks

there should not be any problem.

a name can not be added to an existing book! a new account is required.

when in BKK, open a new COMBINED account at the same Bank and move the EXACT transfer amount over to the the new acc. have the bank certify the origin of the transfer sent to your wife's acc and if possible have a copy of your transfer order you got when you sent the money from abroad to prove that it was you who sent it.

Immigration may well think that your wife has an other source of income from abroad, so it is important that you have evidence that the funds came from you.

opalhort

by the way how old are you? the reason i ask is why would anyone want a non imm visa to just stay in thailand. you must want to work and that would mean a work permit rather than worry about having the money in the bank

May just have something to do with the fact he has a Thai Wife. :o

It looks that everything here needs to be done the hard way. Ok, for the financial document for non-immigrant visa type "O", you should have 400000 K in Thai bank. That is cool, no problem, but here is the issue with the immigration office. The money has to be transfered from your country into your own account here in Thailand and show them evidence for the transfers. Great, how can I transfer money here in Thailand, since I've never been here before. Here is my case, I transfered the money from overseas to my wife account here in Thailand. For my best of luck  :o , the bank she used for her personal account is Bangkok bank. So those smart people in BKK bank are telling me that she can not add my name to the account and the only solution for me is to open myself a new account. So now I have to transfer all my money back overseas into my friend's account so he can transfer them back into my new account. Is there any other way around, we will see. For me as a logical person, is to show the immigration two documents, one which shows the transfers from overseas to her account and one for the transfer of the money from her account into my new account, since she can not add my name to the account- I hope there will be more logical people around this country  :D

Thanks

there should not be any problem.

a name can not be added to an existing book! a new account is required.

when in BKK, open a new COMBINED account at the same Bank and move the EXACT transfer amount over to the the new acc. have the bank certify the origin of the transfer sent to your wife's acc and if possible have a copy of your transfer order you got when you sent the money from abroad to prove that it was you who sent it.

Immigration may well think that your wife has an other source of income from abroad, so it is important that you have evidence that the funds came from you.

opalhort

That is pretty good idea, I will see ho to develop that idea and incorporate it into reality, I will post the outcome of it, so other members will know in the future.

Thanks

this is a really good point that you have made and i would love to know the answer. i have the same problem with regards to the purchase of a condo.

however i will eventually have this problem with regards to the fact that my money is in my thai bank account which came via my father in law in thailand's bank account

anyone had a similar experience and what can we all do

I will keep you posted on that question, so people can use that for later. I am 27 and definetly I am not planning to stay in Thailand just to chill, this is why I moved from US so I can continue to do my on-line business, but this time I will be closer to the source :o .

Talk to you later

Andy

It is not that difficult. You can wire transfer money to Bangkok Bank, just use your passport number as the bank account number.

This is what I did before I moved here. I went to Bangkok Bank on Silom Road and asked how to transfer money here.

Here is what they told me and it worked .

A/C NAME your name

PASSPORT NUMBER your passport number

FOREIGN CURRENCY DEPOSITS SCETION

333 SILOM ROAD, BANGKOK 10500

SWIFT: BKKBTHBKB

TELEX NO. BK BANK TH 82638, 82670, 82906,

DETAIL FOR OPEN USD A/C

FAX NO 6312320

The above in caps is what the document showed that Bangkok bank gave me. I wired in US $ and then when I arrived in Bangkok, opened a Savings account with the money I had wired in. Its a piece of cake.