Dentist Needed !

North

Hi everyone,

I think almost all dentists wants their patients to to be lying down in the chair.

But I have a problem with that, it is just like when they put a lot of stuff in my mouth ( like when making a filling)

I have the feeling I cannot breathe, it is very uncomfortable and I need to get up from the chair immediately, which of course is not always possible, if the dentist is just making the filling.

So what I am looking for is a good dentist, preferably english speaking, that will accept that I sit in the chair (more or less) when he / she is doing the work.

I live in Khon Kaen and of course I would like to find a local dentist, but I will gladly go to Bangkok or Pattaya if needed just to get the good treatment.

Any suggestions ?

North

You have to tell the dentist of your concerns and I am sure he/she will do everything possible to accomodate you. Many, many people do not like to lie down and most of us don't like those dreadful rubber dams. So when you make an appointment be frank about what you want and I'm sure you will get it. If you don't let me know and I will go see to it!

Edited by Tammi

You have to tell the dentist of your concerns and I am sure he/she will do everything possible to accomodate you. Many, many people do not like to lie down and most of us don't like those dreadful rubber dams. So when you make an appointment be frank about what you want and I'm sure you will get it. If you don't let me know and I will go see to it!

Well, thank you for the advice. Maybe some dentists will accept that. But I have tried once here in Khon Kaen, where the dentist insisted on the patient lying down. I did not let them do any work on my teeths after that, and I have not been to a dentist in Thailand since then (about one year ago)

But while I was in Europe a few months ago I managed to find a dentist, who would treat me even I was sitting up.

Some people I think are very afraid of the pain, when the dentist are using the drill, others are afraid of the needle when receiving anaesthesia, personally I can stand all of this, but putting (too) many things into my mouth makes me feel like I am suffocating. :o

North