Sex Starved Women Fuel Gigolo Boom In Bangkok

george

Sex starved women fuel gigolo boom in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Pleasures of the flesh may no longer be the exclusive preserve of men in Bangkok, with an increasing number of sex starved women spawning a new breed of gigolos to satiate their carnal desires.

According to the Mirror, more and more women are taking to picking up male prostitutes from brothels in Thailand for safe, no-strings attached sex with men who are trained to satisfy women.

The female sex tourists could be anywhere between 19-50 years old and pay upto 22 dollars for a night. The night usually starts with the women going to sex clubs, buying their chosen prostitute a drink, chatting with them and then taking them home.

The prostitutes are regularly checked for HIV and are not allowed to show up at the club if found positive. They are also available for weeks or months on end if the tourists want. Being seen with a British woman is a prestige issue with these gigolos and often increases their demand in the market.

"It's a real power trip, a lot of girls come out here looking for sex with a Thai man. This is safer than going round the bars and picking one up. It's something different. All the blokes pay for it so why can't we?" the report quoted a 19-year old visitor to a Bangkok club, Ruth Evans as saying.

"I'd been in Bangkok for a week or so when a waiter approached me and asked me if I wanted to take him home. He was 22 years old and absolutely beautiful. He came with me and I paid him for four days. It's a nice business transaction. I know plenty of women here who are bored and horny-so they buy a boy for the night," added Gillian Kitrick, a 50-year old tourist from London.

--ANI 2004-08-18

Well if the guys do it, why not the gals? Nothing wrong with that.

What likely is wrong is the belief that the male 'prostitutes' are all HIV neg and tested. The article seems to be referring to one establishment and anyway can't be verified.

Fact is that the women I know who look for male sex go to the male go-go bars. Most of the punters are gay men, though not all of the dancers are gay. Most can turn both ways for the money. The dancers are taken out regularly and they don't all practice safe sex. I know for a fact that some of them are HIV positive (since some have come to me for help). Remember that even if tested, it can take 3-6 months after infection for the test to show positive.

Girls (and boys) beware. If you must, then take adequate precautions. :o

• Thanks 1

Working in tourism one gets to see the whole spectrum of combinations when it comes to visitors paying for their pleasures........single guys with girls sure, but also, women paying for guys, couples bringing girls back to their hotels rooms, couples bringing boys back to their hotel rooms, couples bringing katoy back to their rooms, couples bring a girl and boy back to their rooms, guys brining five girls back to their rooms, guys bringing two or more katoy to their rooms etc etc.........the list goes on........they are all English !! All ages ! Must be something in the marshite ! :o

It's ashame that societies attitude towards sex has changed little, which comes from the old days where anything that made you feel good was seen as bad. Remember that these so called Saints from the Western religions used to torture themselves. Some even cut off their own testicles ! The footprint on society remains.

Sexual freedom is also symbolic of spiritual freedom and it's nice to see a Buddhist country where there is less repression as this highlights an important point, but there is still a long way to go. I think that Thailand being a poor third world country, regardless of them changing their status, also plays a large part in this. Westerners have an opportunity and few opportunity's in life are left for very long.

Many people still feel embarassed in talking about sex, so no wonder people feel they have to travel to the other side of the world in secret to relieve themselves. Because it's really just relief with a prostitute and not loving sex for most people.

My personal view that this is just a service, like any other. Some people work with dangerous chemicals and get paid a lot for it. Some people work in the sex industry. Both are a risk and imho both should be considered short term work. What worry's me is when people get hooked on a particular service, whatever it may be, then there is going to be a problem. There is also the pimp Daddy aspect where girls are enslaved to someone to work in the sex industry and these are different issues.

I personally think sex is way too overrated. For me, nothing beats an evening out drinking a few beers (ok, ok, 'a few' can sometimes get to be 'a lot of'...hehe !!) and having some fun conversation with friends or even with people you have just met that evening. Well, there are exceptions of course. One time, a guy I was drinking with started saying racist stuff and there was nearly a fight between me and him. Needless to say my evening was spoiled. Those of you familiar with my posts here probably know how much I detest bigots.

Anyway....regarding sex, of course, to each, his/her own.

But I am sad to see that so many people, men and women, take a risk and go for sex with prostitutes. Even though a condom is used in the majority of the cases (hopefully, anyway !), there are often cases of people being ignorant and not using a condom and there are also cases of people getting drunk and 'forgetting about' condom use. I am also pretty sure that there are cases of people not being able to wear a condom properly because of drunkenness. As we all know, an evening out to pursue sex is usually preceded by at least some degree of drinking.

Cheers.

Jem

Well now another issue for Toxin to consider since the women are up in arms and now they want the tit for tat to be the same.

Since this is Thai society, I kinda wonder how they will handle such when some richie rich chickie turns out to be :o one of their very own???? Meaning someone who said the vows.

Disaster looms in this perspective etc, but again, why not, women are entitled to equal means like the men.

Daveyo

Though condoms are effective, they're not fail-safe. Sexual foreplay with fingers - then using those same fingers to apply a condom - can transfer bodily fluids.

As for oral sex, I know sore throats and sore gums can readily result. Listerine may help ...or a shot of lao ...or may just result in a mouthful of bitter syrup.

I had a bout of UTI (urinary tract infection) awhile back - and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy - yucksville. the first prescribed antibiotics didn't work, so 5 days of incessent suffering later, I went to get a better antibiotic and lived to tell the unflattering tale.

What sick, ridiculous puppets we are, and what a gross little stage we dance on, what fun we have, dancing and fukking, not a care in the world. Not knowing that we are nothing, we are not what was intended.

I agree with you - the world has gone to shit really.

At what point had the world 'not gone to shit' exactly? Fair enough, I can understand why you don't like it, but there are a lot worse things going on at the moment.

The human race is a far from perfect race, and I don't honestly think we, as a whole will ever attain the ideals you have for us. Everyone's different, and with that you get the good and the bad, and a lot of people could care less unfortunately about a large amount of pressing issues.

Don't let it get to you, but in saying that, I know things which wind me up. Ah well...

I await my cremation.

(Cheese and rice! How can I say... "Try to not let it get to you", does that make sense?! I've been writing, and re-writing that sentence so many times, that it doesn't make sense!)

Well, you just got to make the best of what you've got, right, Gent? BTW, nobody likes a whinger! :o

not whinging mate, could not give a rats ass what you lot get up to really.

As the devos move near me, I move somewhere else - easy!

carry on.

these sort of women used to go to JAMAICA for the "big members" , whether they will tolerate the small thai members remains to be seen

The Jamaicans may be too big and the Thais too small....but the right fit at home just doesn't know how to get it done!! :D:o