Condo Prices

After reading many threads on TV about condo prices, I would like to hear you definition regarding price brackets. The terms lower end, middle and upper end are often used when discussing prices but, have yet to come across anyone puting a Baht value on these brackets.

Personally I have very little knowledge of these markets so, would be very interested to hear what limit you would use when defining these.

P.S. Bangkok and Pataya condo's.

Define "worthwhile". I've owned my condo for 3 years and, with the depreciation of the dollar and appreciation of real estate, my $155K USD investment is worth around $250K USD. A 60% increase in 3 years is less than that of Shanghai or Hong Kong, but considerably better than the 20% drop in value predicted by thaigene2, bingobongo, and thedude. EVERY real estate investment is unique, and your mileage may vary. Your post seems to be prejudiced against anything that isn't brand new, and you should change your attitude. Perhaps speaking with a broker regarding "high-end" and "low-end" property would prove to be beneficial.