Nightmare In The Making

ezzra

Hi,

A new 20 plus storey Condo is about to be erected in front of our Building that will guarantee us at least 2 years of hel_l, noise ,dust and overall health risk, 7 days a week, 18 hours a day in this up market neighborhood, this building is in a very close proximity to our building, meters apart,

A. What does the law says bout working 18 hours a day 7 days a week with respite even for the most sacred holidays?

B. What can be done to legally or otherwise to curb this impending nuisance ?

Hi,

A new 20 plus storey Condo is about to be erected in front of our Building that will guarantee us at least 2 years of hel_l, noise ,dust and overall health risk, 7 days a week, 18 hours a day in this up market neighborhood, this building is in a very close proximity to our building, meters apart,

A. What does the law says bout working 18 hours a day 7 days a week with respite even for the most sacred holidays?

To be completely honest, I dont think theres much you can do!

Ive stayed next to several building sites in Bangkok and none of them worked 18 hour days, maybe I was lucky. On the bright side if they do it means you will only have to put up with it for 2 years instead of 3.

look at it as sacrificing for the greater good..........lol. if everyone thought like you nothing would ever be built.

Please, do not get me wrong, I have nothing against builders, building or progress, I have a belly full against builders who have no respect or considerations for the right of others to live in quiet and peace after work hours and holidays like in any other civilized country,

Hi,

welcome to Bangkok/Thailand. Threads like this all the time...nothing can be done basically. Live with it, sell condo, or rent it out.

always best to rent/buy in already completely built-up soi or elase you are always in danger of just this happening to you :o

I bought my condo on Satorn 6 years ago and there was nothing around it for ages. Last 3 years they have been building the Infinity which I could hear 7 days a week until 10p - phase 2 is now just starting. Across the street was the never ending St. Louis Terrace which finally just finished, when they tore down the S&P on the opposite corner and are now digging away again! I leased out my condo when they started building another 30 story tower on soi 10, one soi over! For 2 years I had a nice clean, peacefull condo. The last 3 years the place became filthy and noisy. I'm now living in a townhouse within a soi and wow....it's so peacefull. 3 floors (400sqm) for less than 10,000 a month. Yes I had to put some money into it but I'm renting my place out for far more than 10,000! I got them to commit to a 2 year lease for reduced rent. Do what I did...you will be much happier!